ARCHAIC EYE CANDY II: One wicked Pickwick......

creekwalker

Dec 9, 2010
Iuka, Ms
Here's a couple teaser pics for you folks! I found this outstanding Pickwick point after walking three long miles in a new creek system this morning (You know how the "Fever" will do you!). I had found a nice broken yellow jasper Pickwick, a pretty bird point with the tip nicked off and a pocketful of flint flakes along the way, before stumbling upon this wicked piece. It is 3 1/4" long and a beauty! These pictures really don't do it justice. The material is like glass, high-grade stuff! I was able to get some in situ shots but I will have to post them a bit later, so stay tuned. I forgot to put my memory card back in my camera before I left and I was only able to store 5 shots on my camera's internal memory. Luckily, I was able to get a couple shots of my best find of the day. Once I retrieve those, I will post them. I will also try to take some better pics when I have more favorable light. I went on to find 7 more broken points, several old medicine bottles and a brand new canvas camping chair(slightly muddy) still in the original package! You just never know what you will find....... :tongue3: :headbang: I will post more pictures soon, so in the meantime, enjoy, thanks and HH! :tongue3: :headbang: :hello2: :hello:

Attachments

• DSCF0009.JPG
    DSCF0009.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 1,328
  • DSCF0014.JPG
    DSCF0014.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 1,322
  • DSCF0027.JPG
    DSCF0027.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 1,322
  • DSCF0031.JPG
    DSCF0031.JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 1,323
Upvote 0

Aurora64blue

Sep 25, 2009
South Eastern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Tiger Shark, Fisher F70, Vibra Probe 580
Very nice find,

Finding something like that would definitely put a bright ending on a dull day. Almost better than finding gold!

WTG!

Ralph

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just beautiful. :icon_thumleft: :hello2:
Way to go. Super arrowhead.
-MM-

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 standard (last 3 yrs.)
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is the most beautiful point I have ever seen! Incredible find, WTG!! :notworthy:

artzstuff1

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2008
Wayne Co. IL. "POND CREEK"
Detector(s) used
Tesoro's (many- 7-8)
Those are some great pieces you are finding :notworthy: ,,you must have a great area to hunt!!!,,

Keep them coming!!!!

hey you should post some of those finds on the indian artifact section also!!!,,,, give them guys something to drool over!!!! :laughing9:

just a thought,,,, :headbang:

art

nuggy

Aug 22, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, had; Minelab Eureka, Bounty Hunter, Garrett, Fisher and Whites.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That second to last photo...... wow only one thing to say .............................................................................. BANNER!

spitfire55

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2008
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
(Whites) MXT, MXT PRO, SURF PRO/PI and COINMASTER 5500/D, (Fisher) GOLDBUG. AT PRO(Garrett), CTX 3030(Mine Lab).
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:thumbsup: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :thumbsup:
I say..."BANNER"...too!!

MUDDIGGER

Tenderfoot
Dec 19, 2010
Another stunning Point!
after reveiwing your earlier posts,This is not the first banner quality find you've posted, lets get this one up top. Banner Vote here.
Keep up the Creekwalking!

OP
OP
creekwalker

creekwalker

Dec 9, 2010
Iuka, Ms
I have had a couple of people tell me that there is a "Native American" section on this site.....I had no idea! (Thanks). So, if all the stuff I have posted recently was found within the last week, should I continue to post it under "Today's Finds" , put in under "Native American" or both? Arrowheads aren't the only thing I have been finding in the creeks. I will be posting pics of the old glass bottles and other miscellaneous items that I have also found, soon. Promise. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I want to thank everyone for the kind words and compliments. You can see that the creeks hold many secrets. Again, I'll tell you, I find my very best artifacts in the creeks. It's mostly the older stuff, which generally tends to be more well-made. Henceforth the goodies you have been seeing lately. As far as the banner recognition, Thank you!!! I would like to see it up there!! Let me post a better photo, though. These previous ones just don't do it justice......I'm telling you. -Creekwalker

nuggy

Aug 22, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, had; Minelab Eureka, Bounty Hunter, Garrett, Fisher and Whites.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
creekwalker said:
I have had a couple of people tell me that there is a "Native American" section on this site.....I had no idea! (Thanks). So, if all the stuff I have posted recently was found within the last week, should I continue to post it under "Today's Finds" , put in under "Native American" or both? Arrowheads aren't the only thing I have been finding in the creeks. I will be posting pics of the old glass bottles and other miscellaneous items that I have also found, soon. Promise. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I want to thank everyone for the kind words and compliments. You can see that the creeks hold many secrets. Again, I'll tell you, I find my very best artifacts in the creeks. It's mostly the older stuff, which generally tends to be more well-made. Henceforth the goodies you have been seeing lately. As far as the banner recognition, Thank you!!! I would like to see it up there!! Let me post a better photo, though. These previous ones just don't do it justice......I'm telling you. -Creekwalker

Todays finds is a good place to post as more people check that section regularly, look forward to your posts there, and enjoyed your previous ones Nuggy

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 standard (last 3 yrs.)
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm impressed with the color of that point every time I see it, so, I'm going to vote banner, as well!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread