USERNAME IS VALID
Full Member
- #1
Thread Owner
I have a Vaquero and have been looking at detectors with target I.D., depth, etc. and all that…….I was was wondering are all detectors pretty much the same? I know some have better depth, different tones and all that and have been watching youtube videos and I very rarely see a detector that actually identifies targets and target depths accurately and watched a few videos where about 20-30 targets were dug and not one other than a quarter was identified correctly by the readout. I've seen them all tested, Fisher, Minelab, Whites, Garrett, Tesoro…….. they always seem to be wrong at identifying targets or give you three options what it might be. Heck, I can do that by the kind of signal I get on the Vaquero.
Do I need one (or want) since I have to dig everything anyway? I have learned the Vaquero and can pretty much guess 95% of the time what the target will be in disc mode, which is pretty much always a coin if the signal isn't broken. Gold and aluminum have to be dug anyway because they're so close to find out for sure which it is and you have to dig pull tabs or you might miss gold. I have found gold and silver and everything else with it. Should I get one or just stay with the light weight Tesoro? Are there any accurate ones and do you even use your display or just listen to tones? If anyone knows of an accurate one I'd like to hear about it.
Do I need one (or want) since I have to dig everything anyway? I have learned the Vaquero and can pretty much guess 95% of the time what the target will be in disc mode, which is pretty much always a coin if the signal isn't broken. Gold and aluminum have to be dug anyway because they're so close to find out for sure which it is and you have to dig pull tabs or you might miss gold. I have found gold and silver and everything else with it. Should I get one or just stay with the light weight Tesoro? Are there any accurate ones and do you even use your display or just listen to tones? If anyone knows of an accurate one I'd like to hear about it.
Last edited:
. I just keep watching videos on YouTube and the IDs never seem to be right, whereas I've learned my tone on the Vaq and don't have to wait for numbers to jumble around to know if something is good or bad. I dunno, I've always used tones with my others too, seems easier. It seems there's not a lot of difference between a $400 detector and a $1,500 one besides a readout and more weight. I'm cheap, what can I say.








