What's new

Are Rubber Coil Washers Consumable Items?

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2010
Messages
1,201
Reaction score
992
Golden Thread
0
I happen to be focused on the tear-drop washers in the Equinox, but the question applies to all rubber, coil mounting washers. Do they wear out and is there a general timeline to simply replace them? Thanks.
 
I've never had any wear out.
I've purchased coils without any included already ,
I may have even lost one already during break-down and cleaning :dontknow:
so it's always a good idea to have an extra set or 2 around
 
They can wear down and elongate, making tightening the coil more problematic. And you can lose them. Hardware stores sell rubber washers about the same size so you can get replacements there. That applies to most detectors out there.
 
Good advice. I went ahead and bought a lot of 10 for 10.99 plus sales tax, no shipping. I will need two new ones when I get a new lower rod for the 10x5, I ordered the lower off Fleabay for $30, free shipping ;-) There were lower rods from a sponsor seller for 30 but shipping was $14.95, OUCH!

Anyway I may very well have most of the other ten washers laying around but I'm bound to do a fresh install on my 3 tenured lowers anyway. Thanks.
 
I am using 1m x 1.2m frame coil for deep seeking and i usually brake at least one in a seasone. I manage to breake smaller coils too. For comercial detectors, i usually brake the coil off the shaft. So i guess the entire coil is a consumable.
 
I am using 1m x 1.2m frame coil for deep seeking and i usually brake at least one in a seasone. I manage to breake smaller coils too. For comercial detectors, i usually brake the coil off the shaft. So i guess the entire coil is a consumable.

Leaning on your coil too much? I used to have a habit of doing that til I kept breaking off coil ears. Now I set the machine on the ground before I dig and don’t pick it up until I am standing.
 
Leaning on your coil too much? I used to have a habit of doing that til I kept breaking off coil ears. Now I set the machine on the ground before I dig and don’t pick it up until I am standing.

Either that or hitting something hard. Large frame (or wire cable on it) usually goes when (over)pushing or pulling threw the bushes or debry.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom