What's new

Are these scrapers?

mydogiscool

Full Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2013
Messages
126
Reaction score
66
Golden Thread
0
I think, but not sure.
 

Attachments

  • image-3594294751.webp
    image-3594294751.webp
    41.3 KB · Views: 133
  • image-1747466990.webp
    image-1747466990.webp
    39.9 KB · Views: 125
Upvote 0
Its just my opinion.. But I would call the shorter rounder one a Hafted scraper and the other a blade.
Both should have type names as " projectile points/blades"
 
Last edited:
Agree with what he said. Nice looking tools. Cool Dog :thumbsup:
 
nice finds congrats HH
 
Thanks for opinions. Blades to me are the most confusing items to try and classify.
 
I'd have to see a picture of the end of the shorter piece to see if it has a stub nose, but from what I can see in your pics it looks to be a Thebes Hafted Scraper. A lot of Thebes Points morphed into these after they had been resharpened to a certain point. Once they became to short and stubby to be useful as a Knife they would turn a lot of them into Hafted Scrapers. That is a pretty nice example of one and from the looks of the base I would guess from either Indiana, Illinois, or possibly Ohio.
 
Did you find these? They look nice
 
Actually,they were in a collection I purchased, reaper your high level, they are from southern Illinois.
 
Cool sometimes I will buy a local collection. Not to often though. If I see a reproduction in the mix I pass on it.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom