Are you done with detecting for the year of 2014 ?

Sat/Sunday I detect or prospect for gold. Only found one little piece in the last 3 weekends though :(

Just getting started. Was out last week, with really nothing to show for it but looking to go some more between now and the first of the year.

While the weather is perfect down here in Ft. Myers, my # of hunts seems to be winding down for the year...My free time will be thin as the holidays approach, tired from work, my side job getting hectic, and watching the Patriots wreak havoc throughout the NFL... but when I do get out, I will be thinking of you up north guys, hoping for a warm weekend for you all winter.

While the weather is perfect down here in Ft. Myers, my # of hunts seems to be winding down for the year...My free time will be thin as the holidays approach, tired from work, my side job getting hectic, and watching the Patriots wreak havoc throughout the NFL... but when I do get out, I will be thinking of you up north guys, hoping for a warm weekend for you all winter.

Everything was cool until u said patriots. Go phins

the pats will lose the next game !!

Never quit....even when things are rock frozen....this is required research time so for me the hunt never ends.

Normally I would go digging on Sundays during the cold months during hunting season. Not this year though they've opened up hunting season on Sundays here in Spotsylvania Va.

Thats more risk than most of us would be willing to take !

What about weekends? You have to make time....

Its hardly possible to make time when someone requires 24/7 care. Used to get help occasionally but things change for people so thats out of the question now.

In the eighties here for the next week! So things aren't cooling off too fast here in SoCal!
Looks like we might be able to hunt until the end of the year!

Not done detecting either.....just done finding anything worthwhile, lol.

Not done detecting either.....just done finding anything worthwhile, lol.

Hi Old Dude , I know what you mean it seems that way at times to me also! I posted my weird finds today in the What is it. Seems they might be interesting things after all !!

Still having nice days here in New Mexico. Can hunt all year round here. Never stays cold enough to freeze and stay frozen.

Being retired for me here in florida.Unless its a severe thunderstrom.I can hunt when i want year round.

Never quit....even when things are rock frozen....this is required research time so for me the hunt never ends.

Second this. Once things freeze over, then its time for me to work on permissions for the following spring, search old maps/archives and get in a little CRH just to keep the blood flowing :)

NeVeRRRRRR.Hunting seasons the biggest in the way for me this time of year,I use to have sundays with no worries of messing up someone's hunting, but that all changed.

Chesapeake Bay Maryland, If it gets up around 40 degrees and the water temp is around 35...I am out the door. And that is if the winds are not to bad...Ice I don't take a chance. The good things about winter in the Bay is the water is clear and the waves are gone most of the time...and the tides are super low. I'll go out to waist deep most of the time with no issues. Last year I could do 4 hours easy in 35.7 degree water...I may average one or two days a week from Jan to March 1st. Just enough to keep me satisfied till warmer weather. And I have to wear a boot foot drysuit with dry gloves with full quilted under ware, neoprene sox's and some times a neoprene hood. Takes me about 15 minutes to get dressed....

OBN0339.jpg

7" of snow and supposed to hit below 0 this week, I guess you could say I'm done for awhile. :unhappysmiley:

Northwest Montana, arctic blast hit, ground is frozen over with some snow but not much but more on the way maybe by thursday and friday. Nuts !!! And truck is on the fritz, clutch went out. Being worked on. Double nuts. If it ain't one thing it's another. And sounds like more arctic blasts coming. Not a good way to start the winter. And winter is not for 6 more weeks. hmmm

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back