Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other
Aren't She Purty(Seated Half Dime)

Today was a day that I will never forget. I hit the fields with BBoy today and we were not digging it at all. We broke out the maps and did the usual research and lined up some sites to try and get permission for. We started out at a site that we hoped for some keepers. BUST.
Whole lada nada at that site. We went back to the property owners place to check in and show them our finds. Wasn't much to show. I think it was harmonica reed and something else. While we were there we asked about another location and they said go for it. Well nothing but can slaw at that site ... yee ha. 5 hours of hunting later we decided to go back to the counterfeit Reale site. We have hit this site like 4 times now I think. BBoy said he was there to find a pewter button and I told him to hit the button patch that I've found around 20 flat buttons or so. Well I'm not sure if he hit that area or not but I decided to venture over that way and see what I could find. Well I hadn't been there long when a mixed signal came through. I dug and out came this pretty lady. My first Half Dime. I'm sure we will be going back and pounding this place some more. :thumbsup:

Happy Hunting

Attachments

• 8 Reales 041.jpg
    8 Reales 041.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 832
  • 8 Reales 040.jpg
    8 Reales 040.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 837
  • 8 Reales 042.jpg
    8 Reales 042.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 836
Upvote 0
Re: Aren't She Purty(Seated Half Dime)

Hill Billy, GREAT find, I like the relics too. Keep hitting that site.

Rusted

She is Purdy.The gettin' is good!
Newt

coinmaster2db said:
She's a beauty. :icon_thumleft: Hopefully I can dig one this weekend across the river from that spot. :hello:

Good luck to you this weekend 2db.

RPG said:
She are purty aren't she. :icon_thumright: That one's on my list.

What's up with that "SLAUGHTER LOUISVILLE" button. :icon_scratch:

Cool button huh Randy, found that at one of the first sites we visited. Need to find out some info on it.

KylePA said:
You guys keep getting near the Capped Bust silver years. Great find, HB! That site has been a dandy! :thumbsup:

Kyle you are right. We knew there had to be some old silver in the doit, will be going back soon to go find more. LOL. Good luck to KKC in ther hunts for coppers and silvers.

Rusted_Iron said:
Hill Billy, GREAT find, I like the relics too. Keep hitting that site.

Rusted

I think I've dug around 23 flat buttons at this site alone, not sure how many BBoy has found. The suspender clip was a surprise, we had just been talking about how we hadn't found any and then boom, there it is laying on the surface.

Newt said:
She is Purdy.The gettin' is good!
Newt

Thank's bud , wish you could join us

That is a sharp and sweet early date seated.You had a really fine day! :thumbsup:

HB, that was a great hunt for you. I'm glad that we've got some possibilities for hunts in that area. If things go well, we'll be set with permissions for the rest of the year there. :icon_sunny:

That half dime was probably lost within a few years of its date. Man, we cleared a LOT of iron to get that little beauty.

We had some lemons that hunt and made a little lemonade there at the end. So congrats on your finds. When anyone on our team finds something good, it is a credit to us all.

Best Wishes,

Buckles

My, oh my, I would almost faint if I found that beauty. Nice find!!!!

Ray

wow what a sweet find, would love to see a pic of it cleaned up a bit

Great find congrats.

Re: Aren't She Purty

lairmo said:
Very nice!!! I've taken 2 separate uncles to 2 separate sites and they have both found seated dimes. I still have yet to find anything seated.
Sounds like me although I have dug one,but my cousin has pulled four,two in the same day(different sites)all sites of mine!!! >:(

Welcome to the half dime club, I like them there little coins, I hope you find many more.

Congrats, Bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back