Argentina?

PirateBeth

Apr 27, 2016
USA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all!

I'm back again looking for treasure hunters or historians specializing in lost Nazi loot in Argentina! It's not a secret Nazi's hid out in Argentina so there must be some hidden caches in the country. We are open to any theories and locations at this point. If you are in Argentina and have been looking, we would like the opportunity to talk with you. Please private message me and we can talk further. This is again, for a popular travel adventure TV show, lets join up and search together!

Apologies in advance if this post offends anyone. I have a lot of respect for the folks on this forum and appreciate all your help

Thank you!!

Pirate Beth

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Everyone loves a fun mystery. But just be forewarned: The caliber MD'r / TH'r who will invariably rise to these requested occasions tends to be the dreamy eyed ghost-story legend unconventional-means type person. There will be someone who "has a sure-fire lead". That ... once scrutinized, is perhaps just wild dreams. But they will phrase it in the 100% bullet-proof 1st person singular certainty.

An example of this is seen in the types of a few that rose to the occasion for Oak Island show. Offering to help decipher maps, the meanings of clues, the better ways to pursue, etc....

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I believe they had places to hide the loot called "banks" and "vaults".

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used

What ? No no no. That's much too simple. For someone to have simply put their $$ into the bank ? That lacks snakes, poison darts, cryptograms, middle-of-nowhere ruins, conspiracies, etc..... It simply can't be. Repent.

Last edited:

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Everyone loves a fun mystery. But just be forewarned: The caliber MD'r / TH'r who will invariably rise to these requested occasions tends to be the dreamy eyed ghost-story legend unconventional-means type person. There will be someone who "has a sure-fire lead". That ... once scrutinized, is perhaps just wild dreams. But they will phrase it in the 100% bullet-proof 1st person singular certainty.

An example of this is seen in the types of a few that rose to the occasion for Oak Island show. Offering to help decipher maps, the meanings of clues, the better ways to pursue, etc....

I think that's what "reality" tv looks for, Tom. The wilder and more clueless the better. I've never understood why they don't just team up with one of their ghost shows and have the ghost lead them to the treasure.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I think that's what "reality" tv looks for, Tom. The wilder and more clueless the better. I've never understood why they don't just team up with one of their ghost shows and have the ghost lead them to the treasure.

Champ, your post is a breath of fresh air. And it's exactly why most of us md'r groan and switch the channels when we see this junk. My wife will say "why are you changing the channel ? It's about md'ing, isn't it ?" Haha.

And I ask myself "why don't they just get a normal md'r ?" And I've come to realize it's because "normal md'rs" don't rise to those occasions. And even when/if they DID, they will fail the casting call. Because you're absolutely right: That doesn't sell in Hollywood. It's not sensational.

To be fair: there has been a few TV clips and a show that did have normal md'rs (albeit a bit sensationalized, haha)

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We're going t have to come up with the WTF - World Treasure Federation.

Guys in sequin spandex bodysuits that wave their arms in the air while searching for treasure and breaking chairs over each other's heads.

Time for a commercial - say "What is that?" and cut to Shark Week ad.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Example: I had done some "doubting Thomas" posts on the Yamshita treasure section. And one day, I opened my mailbox to see I had a PM in my box from a reporter or television show segment researcher , etc... Apparently they were preparing research for an upcoming segment, and had gone down the line popping a PM to each of the current posters in that section. So I got one such request to participate .

And by the tone of the PM, I could tell they were looking for inputs in to the affirmative. Not that dis-believers. Nonetheless I answered the PM, and a short back-forth-dialogue ensued. The person was kind enough to engage for a bit.

But sure enough, they even admitted, that ...... no ... they weren't looking for the reasons why it's silly non-existent legend. So in other words: The LAST thing they want, is "balanced comment". Because that doesn't sell in Hollywood. Who would ever turn in to a show to hear reasons how something doesn't exist ? That's not "fun", eh ?

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
We're going t have to come up with the WTF - World Treasure Federation.

Guys in sequin spandex bodysuits that wave their arms in the air while searching for treasure and breaking chairs over each other's heads.....

Don't forget the platform shoes. With neon orange double knit leisure-suit bell-button pants. :tongue3:

OP
OP
P

PirateBeth

Apr 27, 2016
USA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't say how much I love the responses on this post, too funny. Almost all the above I can agree with. Having worked with many MDs/THs, we all know it is mostly paper trails and digging up old soda cans. Chasing stories and legends, lends itself to being a bit more romantic if we all keep an open mind and have some fun.

I am assuming not many here have the time/opportunity to travel down to Argentina, but if you do, PM me. Because, I have to admit, even if there is a small thread of evidence, its exciting to hunt in exotic locations rumored to have WWII ties.

Please let me know if you know anybody who might be of help! And happy hunting!

Respectfully,

PB

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nazi Ghosts. If you use it on the show, you better credit me.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other

Some of their' loot resides in offshore accounts and I don't mean in a Bank in the Bahamas or elsewhere, if you know what I mean. Visual effects included below for those that don't know what I mean.

Frank

Sunken Nazi Ship.jpg Sunken Nazi Submarine.jpg

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sunk by a tweet . . . so to speak. The British sent a false communication that heavy ships were en-route and the Germans scuttled the Admiral Graf Spee.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions