C & W Minerals

Greenie
Aug 22, 2017
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Gold Trap Explorer, Le Trap
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have great access to the Arkansas River East of the Pueblo Reservoir. Anybody have experience finding gold East of the reservoir? Or does the reservoir act as a catch for the gold coming down from the mountains? Any info would be appreciated. Phil

Upvote 0

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The Reservoir has not been around long enough to matter (this is true of every reservoir built by the hand of man!). There is gold in the Arkansas all the way thru Kansas into Arkansas (the state) so go for it! Look for the places the river flattens out as that’s where the gold will drop.

OP
OP
C

C & W Minerals

Greenie
Aug 22, 2017
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Gold Trap Explorer, Le Trap
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The Reservoir has not been around long enough to matter (this is true of every reservoir built by the hand of man!). There is gold in the Arkansas all the way thru Kansas into Arkansas (the state) so go for it! Look for the places the river flattens out as that’s where the gold will drop.

Figured I’d just get out there and sample. My wife’s aunt has property that backs up to the ponds just east of the reservoir. There’s a really rough area of rapids and then in slows down to a pretty stable flow. I’ll let you know how it goes. If there’s any luck, maybe you’d like to come out. As always Kevin, you’re the best!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread