Arrowhead age

akemberson

Sep 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would like to know what period this arrowhead is from? Creek find near Louisville ky. Thanks! image.jpeg

Upvote 0

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My guess would be a Big Sandy 8-10,000 yrs old archaic . The Grimm Reaper is up close your way and will know for sure, when he comes around. Nice find:icon_thumright:

Last edited:

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks questionable to me (modern made)? I am not very comfortable in assessing point that are wet also. It is just hard to judge at what I am seeing.

Rege-PA

Jul 13, 2007
Akemberson........ Monsterack is right on type, Nice Big Sandy Auriculate or Fish Tail. Your point was much larger at one time, the base being as wide or smaller than the width but as it was re sharpened the blade became smaller until you have your current large eared example. Color and patina look typical for a "creek find". A very nice example!

OP
OP
A

akemberson

Sep 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys, I'll post a pic of all the pieces I found all in same area of creek. Family owns golf course on this land and during the 70's they bulldozed mounds and rock structures when making room for the course. I tell my dad all the time how stupid they were by doing that but that's how I knew where to hunt!

willjo

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2015
Twin City, Ga.
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 350 and Garrett ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The other pieces you found were made much better than the red one

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012