What's new

Arrowhead necklace

coosakid

Hero Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2016
Messages
611
Reaction score
970
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anybody ever made any kind of jewelry from there finds. I've got all my good points in a frame and didn't just want this point sitting in a box. Done found out its a good conversation starter and got a new place to hunt from it.. Just simple nothing fancy
 

Attachments

  • 1491416828368.webp
    1491416828368.webp
    25.8 KB · Views: 108
  • 1491416860616.webp
    1491416860616.webp
    18.5 KB · Views: 90
Upvote 0
I haven't but I am sure it's a great ice breaker. Something good to wear at local farm markets.
 
While I don't wear jewelry, I think that is really cool!
 
That looks pretty neat. Have thought about doing the same thing although I've never liked wearing jewelry/accessories. I would fear carelessly losing it as I'd most likely lose my head if it wasn't attached.
 
Ive never wore any jewelry either. That's why I made it kinda plain Jane (simple) where i would wear it. I kinda worry about losing it but Im pretty confident on how I got it tied... Anyways I appreciate y'all looking
 
I have worn an Arrowhead Necklace since I was around 18 so roughly 40 years. I have went through quite a few different Points, some I just changed out and some unfortunately fell off and broke. I don't wear good ones anymore. I now just but colorful repros and wear them. I also had one stolen right off my neck on the beach in the Dominican Republic.

This is the only pics I have of my Points for a Necklace. I bought these online for around $20 shipping and all. I wore the second one until it fell off and broke and the first one I gave to a good friend.
 

Attachments

  • 100_1147.webp
    100_1147.webp
    135.1 KB · Views: 73
  • 100_1148.webp
    100_1148.webp
    31.7 KB · Views: 72
  • 100_1149.webp
    100_1149.webp
    34.7 KB · Views: 71
  • 100_1150.webp
    100_1150.webp
    93.1 KB · Views: 66
I hear ya Grim glad to see I'm not alone. And I'm sure the day will come when something happens to mine.... I'll be heartbroke it might as well be a diamond tied to it
 
IMG_3575.webpI make all kinds of them and mostly give them away. Not much for wearing jewelry either. I donate to archery shoots for the drawing table and they seem to be well received.

Knapped this one out of mookiate fro Australia for my wife.
 
Last edited:
get lucky once in awhile. It will be an artifact in 100 years or so.
 
Very cool- have thought about doing the same...if I could find a whole point that is!
 
Yeah man that's nice.... It takes some skill to make that
 
View attachment 1435916I make all kinds of them and mostly give them away. Not much for wearing jewelry either. I donate to archery shoots for the drawing table and they seem to be well received.

Knapped this one out of mookiate fro Australia for my wife.

Very nice Jon. Beautiful material and great workmanship.
 
Last edited:
DITTO what grim said !
 
I have seen them made by people who make their own arrowheads. I, too, would hate to loose one of my old points........ Incentive to flake your own??? I sure need to do that!!!!
 
I wore one around my neck for years..The oils from your skin bring out the color of the stone...mjm
 
Here are a couple of necklaces that I made in the late 1980s. Both points were found in Louisiana while tree planting in 1985/86. The dovetail necklace is repro beads. The other is older trade beads.Sorry for the oder of the pics.IMG_0074.webpIMG_0073.webpIMG_0072.webpIMG_0071.webpIMG_0070.webp
 
Very cool Steve. Nice points and I like the way you secured them. Cool to have something like that you made yourself for so long
 
Cool necklance! I'm currently working on incorporating some pottery shards I to a wristband that I'm making. I plan on posting a pic when I finish it.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom