What's new

Arrowhead

Tbone1980

Tenderfoot
Joined
Mar 24, 2017
Messages
3
Reaction score
9
Golden Thread
0
Location
Macon Ga
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can anyone tell me what type of arrowhead and what it might be worth.
 

Attachments

  • 20170226_153902.webp
    20170226_153902.webp
    287.2 KB · Views: 210
  • 20170321_135222.webp
    20170321_135222.webp
    426 KB · Views: 194
Upvote 0
that is a smoker,did you just find it?
 
for my education. what is a smoker?
the edges seem a little serrated for me to say its legit
BUT I'm just asking
Never seen anything like this
Maybe be you can educate me so I don't look stupid
Brady
 
Knife, spear or lance, not arrow (if period)
 
Just found it about a week ago was clearing some land off I just bought and was pushing a road in and got done and was walking out when I seen it sticking out the dirt where I just made the road. I stay in Macon Ga not to far from the Indian monds. I have been collecting arrowhead all my life but never seen one like this
 
a smoker is just a term to say that that is one fine point.probably a knife but im no expert.could be a benton,or bolan plain,2500.00 at least.one book says the early bolans were serated,but im better at finding them than iding em.
 
Last edited:
Go to the folks in the North American Indian Artifacts forum. I find arrowheads, but none like that.
 
Just found it about a week ago was clearing some land off I just bought and was pushing a road in and got done and was walking out when I seen it sticking out the dirt where I just made the road. I stay in Macon Ga not to far from the Indian monds. I have been collecting arrowhead all my life but never seen one like this
Wow that's a smoker! You are very lucky you didn't brake it while clearing the road.
 
IDK??? If you've been collecting all your life how could you not be shouting off the rooftops about a find like that? My hands would be shaking so much I couldn't type a word if I found it!! Btw, DEF not an arrowhead, big blade for sure..
 
Either you or a mod needs to move this to the NAAF to get the answers you seek.
 
Outstanding point, once in a lifetime find, congrats. Sure looks like a Bolen Plain to me also. I would have a local University Archaeologist ID it for you. (Send pix via email.) Sub 8-)
 
Thanks for the info I was really stumped by it . I got a really nice collection my family land had a massive camp on it and I have found a lot but nothing like that. Thanks again
 
Outstanding! That is absolutely beautiful!
HH
dts
 
thank you for sharing it:icon_thumright:now what about some pics of your collection,now that i have probably seen the best one in it.
 
Last edited:
WOW !!!!!!!! Are you kidding me? NICE!
 
Thanks for the info I was really stumped by it . I got a really nice collection my family land had a massive camp on it and I have found a lot but nothing like that. Thanks again

Can you share some pictures of the other pieces you've found on the farm?
 
I've heard in the past, and don't hear it much anymore, the term "Mutant Bolen" for points like that found in the South. Also heard that Mutant Bolens are actually southern Bentons. Take all that with a grain of salt. Either way, that is an exceptional find. I'd be walking the cleared area over very carefully and to hell with any more machinery and try to figure out where to dig. Might be a freak find, or you may have one heck of a site right there on your very own land. Georgia law does require that you notify them 5 days in advance of any digging, just so you stay on the right side of things. I'd need a clean pair of drawers if I pulled something like that outta the dirt.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom