What's new

arrowheads: I dont know anything about

fongu

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2012
Messages
1,342
Reaction score
879
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
arrowheads: I don't know anything about

These are some arrowheads my late stepfather gave me in 1985 before he passed away. I had forgot about them and after visiting these forums, I decided to post them and see if any are rare or valuable. I don't think so and I intend to keep them since he gave them to me. Posted in his honor.
Photo 1 & 2 are just front and back of same and photo 3 is the unusual to me arrowhead. Thanks for any information you can help me with. I'm not sure, but the bottom left of photos 1 & 2 may be scrapers?
arrowheads 001 (Small).webparrowheads 002 (Small) (2).webparrowheads 003 (Small) (2).webp
 
Upvote 0
Looks like you have some really nice finds there. What state were they found?
 
He found them at a grist mill he used to run in worth county, GA.
 
Those are some nice looking points and at least one scraper. Maybe the thin point is a drill. Someone else should weigh in soon too.
 
Taking in where they came from , top row left to right #1 south Georgia Abbey style #2 Pickwick style due to slight serrations on the edges of blade #3 another Abbey type #4 a Elora style bottom row #1 Morrow Mnt. I think #2 ?:dontknow: #3 not sure #4 broken drill #5 looks like a Pine Tree #6 a drill this is JMO others may know better. Nice group of artifacts:icon_thumleft:
 
We need something to show size or tell us how long the longest piece, the Stemmed Point, is. The one next to the "T" looking piece looks to be beveled and could be a Thebes or more than likely a Bolen Bevel since it's from Georgia.

The "T" looking piece looks to be a flake that was utilized as a Scraper or Flake Knife.
 
Very nice, honest looking pile of artifacts. Not sure about value or rarity, but a few of those pieces look quite old. Early archaic artifacts don't just grow on trees. Like The Grim Reaper said a size reference would help better ID a few, and I agree with his flake tool call on the last one, definitely a scraper/knife thing.. Thanks for the view.
 
He found them at a grist mill he used to run in worth county, GA.

I thought that your points looked local for my area! (Lee / Terrell County)
 
Gifts are priceless to me. Nice group of artifacts you should put them in a frame for safe keeping.
 
What a wonderful collection & a tribute to your Step-dad. Well done :) Kat
 
I'll try to measure them tomorrow. I've been on the run all day and hope to get to go dirt fishing tomorrow. It's been awhile.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom