What's new

Art Deco Bracelet!

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 11, 2015
Messages
2,777
Reaction score
6,885
Golden Thread
0
Location
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought I share this bracelet I just found. I thought it might be diamonds and gold maybe, but I'm pretty sure it's just brass and glass. I was leaving after hearing thunder and felt a little rain. It was a few feet from the edge. Only one of the stones(quartz crystal maybe) shows damage and it's probably brass plated copper. Happy Hunting!
 

Attachments

  • brac.webp
    brac.webp
    1.4 MB · Views: 143
  • brac2.webp
    brac2.webp
    846.3 KB · Views: 121
  • brac3.webp
    brac3.webp
    19.3 KB · Views: 115
Upvote 22
Very Awesome find! And congrats on recovering it without mangling it as I am sure I would have :/

To me, it appears to be more of a art nouveau piece than a deco piece.
 
Yes it is brass, however some of that stuff is very collectable. Congrats on the find
 
Very Awesome find! And congrats on recovering it without mangling it as I am sure I would have :/

To me, it appears to be more of a art nouveau piece than a deco piece.

Thanks! I was surprised it was whole. It's missing some sort of clasp is all. I manage to always mix or just combine those two art styles:)
 
Wow. That thing was sure a sorry sight before you cleaned it up lol. Good score.
 
Its still a great looking bracelet. Nice find.
 
Very nice recovery, how tough was it to get that crud off the bracelet??
Congratulations
 
Very nice recovery, how tough was it to get that crud off the bracelet??
Congratulations
Thanks, It was mostly just mud. Water and a plastic brush. I plan on really cleaning it perhaps a quick soak in a pickle( light acid). Or maybe a vibrasonic for a while:) Solder a clasp on. I'll replace the bad gem and put it on ebay for the heck of it. Thanks fro the reply!
 
Nice bracelet whatever the style. Congrats, diggingthe1!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom