What's new

Artifact Hunting in Southwest Texas

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Sep 9, 2009
Messages
6,108
Reaction score
3,817
Golden Thread
0
Location
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out last weekend to a buddies Cabin down in South Texas.

We ended up sifting thru some of the caves and middens

Ended up finding a couple nice Bird points..and some other broken points

Im thinking the black point is a Perdiz...But i have no idea what the other one is.

Any help would be great. Ive looked it up in the books, but cant find anything

thanks!
 

Attachments

  • Both points.webp
    Both points.webp
    359.4 KB · Views: 144
  • All.webp
    All.webp
    84.4 KB · Views: 120
  • Outside Caves.webp
    Outside Caves.webp
    539.6 KB · Views: 126
  • Inside Cave.webp
    Inside Cave.webp
    278 KB · Views: 142
  • CAM01035.webp
    CAM01035.webp
    838.5 KB · Views: 125
Upvote 0
Nice finds! The second one kinda reminds me of a gig or an angled knife. Good stuff!
 
Those two bird points would have been really awesome if they were complete! Can't wait to sift those caves again. Let me know when you want to go.
 
It's a bird point for sure. It has a broken ear.

Nice eye! I looked again and could see the broken ear. Good catch.

PS: I LOVE your avatar!
 
Nice eye! I looked again and could see the broken ear. Good catch. PS: I LOVE your avatar!


Thanks. That was my favorite movie when I was a kid.
 
Nice finds looks like you had fun.
 
That is a very different type of point for sure and a super find:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:
 
Awesome stuff, love seeing stuff out of South Texas. Reminded me of one of my buddies points, but your's looks like it had much more elaborate tails. The closest name I could put to it would be a Frio. Here's a picture if you don't mind, It more than likely came out Webb, Zavalla, Maverick, or somewhere in those parts... Maybe even close to you

image.webp
 
Last edited:
Good looking area you are hunting in. Both Points are definitely Birdpoints. The one is a Perdiz and the other could be a Haskell or a Morris based on the one remaining ear.

Haskell

Morris
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom