What's new

Artifact? If so how old?

Joined
Oct 2, 2012
Messages
652
Reaction score
413
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Cabella's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DSCN7529.webpDSCN7530.webpDSCN7533.webpDSCN7534.webpDSCN7535.webpDSCN7536.webpDSCN7538.webpDSCN7539.webp
 
Upvote 0
It's a natural rock, could be a billion years old. Not an artifact. You post a lot of stuff-one day you will find one.
 
I really don't think it is natural
 
It looks worked to me, just worn down by time.
 
That's what I though to it looks worn
 
Probably an archaic blade. Could possibly not have been finished.
 
Looks like a creek worn, snapped base something.
 
I found in a hill nowhere near a river or creek just with a ton of rocks ash oyster shells and pottery
 
It's possible

Sent from my Z799VL using Tapatalk
 
That's a tough call... in fact, I hate finding things like that because if it's something and you discard it, it's gone... but if it's nothing and you keep it, you're holding on to trash. I can't make a decision without having it in my hand and even still it may be tough. I'm leaning towards a very worn broke, but the strange patina is putting me off a bit.
 
I've found tools similar laying around mussel shells . May have pried them open.
 
I've found tools similar laying around mussel shells . May have pried them open.

That's an interesting thought. Looks strong enough & thin enough to get the job done.
 
If its a hard material like flint soak in in vinegar for a couple of days then use a toothbrush to get the old off. It should come out very nice
 
Post some new pictures in a couple days if you get that sucker cleaned up USA1.
 
Post some new pictures in a couple days if you get that sucker cleaned up USA1.

Just for the record I had found a Rayholite blade which had some crusty stuff on it and decided to soak it in some vinegar to remove the crude. I let it soak a couple of days and then went to check on it. Well it was nothing but a pile of grey dust at the bottom on the bowl. Lesson learned.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom