What's new

Artillery button?

Hoosier axe hunter

Full Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2024
Messages
132
Reaction score
341
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northeast Indiana
Detector(s) used
Nokta makro legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was going through buttons I found this fall and noticed this one seemed to have a image on the front, did some cleaning and it looks like a cannon with a eagle above. I found some similar pics, 1812- 1821 artillery button.nothing on the back . What do you experts think? Thanks
 

Attachments

  • PXL_20251220_001249870.webp
    PXL_20251220_001249870.webp
    569.9 KB · Views: 87
  • PXL_20251220_001236550.webp
    PXL_20251220_001236550.webp
    457.3 KB · Views: 67
  • PXL_20251220_001220470.webp
    PXL_20251220_001220470.webp
    517.8 KB · Views: 72
Nice recovery on the button ! My favorite find is buttons
 
Nice recovery on the button ! My favorite find is buttons
Always neat to find something personal with that much history. I know there a veterans from that era that were early settlers in the area. Another reason this such a great hobby, thanks
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom