What's new

Artillery Fuse or Tractor Part!?

Joined
May 17, 2018
Messages
82
Reaction score
211
Golden Thread
0
Location
Downsville, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max, Fisher F-75
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dug this interesting piece of "treasure" Saturday at a known Civil War site! At first, by the threads, thought it was a artillery fuse, but can't find anything like it in the books I have! Could be a tractor or farming item but again, can't find anything like it online! Always love to widen my knowledge on anything I dig so please help solve the mystery, "treasure" or "trash"! Thanks for the expertise in advance!

1.webp

2.webp

3.webp

4.webp

5.webp

6.webp

7.webp
 
Sorry to have to disappoint you... but I'm 100% certain your find is not an artillery fuze, from the civil war or any other period of artillery's history.

That being said... you did the smart thing by posting it here for identification, instead of tossing it into a recycle bin OR immediately labeling it as an artillery fuze in your relic collection.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody who reads this.
Regards,
TheCannonballGuy
 
Upvote 0
I'm thinking ot's some sort of drilled sump plug
 
Upvote 0
Sorry to have to disappoint you... but I'm 100% certain your find is not an artillery fuze, from the civil war or any other period of artillery's history.

That being said... you did the smart thing by posting it here for identification, instead of tossing it into a recycle bin OR immediately labeling it as an artillery fuze in your relic collection.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody who reads this.
Regards,
TheCannonballGuy

Thanks for the quick reply, THECANNONBALLGUY! Of course, we'd all like to say everything we dig is some artifact from past wars but years of relic hunting I know 99% of the time that's just not the truth! I do appreciate your expertise! With that being said, so that I don't miss label another find from a previous post, would you mind giving me your opinion on my post below that had some great feed back thinking it was a drilled fuse plug! Again, I appreciate your time and value your opinion! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/578425-artillery-fuse-plug.html#post5815034
 
Upvote 0
Sorry for your disappointment .
I can see how you thought 'Fuse' As there were many types.

VERY GLAD to see Mr, TheCannonBallGuy is in action & wish him & you a Merry Christmas.
 
Upvote 0
Maybe part of a grounding rod clamp?
 
Upvote 0
it almosts look like a part from a motorcycle fork or shock
 
Upvote 0
Always good to check
 
Upvote 0
Vintage sprinkler head part?
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom