Artillery Fuse or Tractor Part!?

May 17, 2018
Downsville, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max, Fisher F-75
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dug this interesting piece of "treasure" Saturday at a known Civil War site! At first, by the threads, thought it was a artillery fuse, but can't find anything like it in the books I have! Could be a tractor or farming item but again, can't find anything like it online! Always love to widen my knowledge on anything I dig so please help solve the mystery, "treasure" or "trash"! Thanks for the expertise in advance!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

TheCannonballGuy

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2006
Occupied CSA (Richmond VA)
Detector(s) used
White's 6000, Nautilus DMC-1, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sorry to have to disappoint you... but I'm 100% certain your find is not an artillery fuze, from the civil war or any other period of artillery's history.

That being said... you did the smart thing by posting it here for identification, instead of tossing it into a recycle bin OR immediately labeling it as an artillery fuze in your relic collection.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody who reads this.
Regards,
TheCannonballGuy

Upvote 0

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm thinking ot's some sort of drilled sump plug

Upvote 0
OP
OP
R
May 17, 2018
Downsville, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max, Fisher F-75
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sorry to have to disappoint you... but I'm 100% certain your find is not an artillery fuze, from the civil war or any other period of artillery's history.

That being said... you did the smart thing by posting it here for identification, instead of tossing it into a recycle bin OR immediately labeling it as an artillery fuze in your relic collection.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody who reads this.
Regards,
TheCannonballGuy

Thanks for the quick reply, THECANNONBALLGUY! Of course, we'd all like to say everything we dig is some artifact from past wars but years of relic hunting I know 99% of the time that's just not the truth! I do appreciate your expertise! With that being said, so that I don't miss label another find from a previous post, would you mind giving me your opinion on my post below that had some great feed back thinking it was a drilled fuse plug! Again, I appreciate your time and value your opinion! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/578425-artillery-fuse-plug.html#post5815034

Upvote 0

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry for your disappointment .
I can see how you thought 'Fuse' As there were many types.

VERY GLAD to see Mr, TheCannonBallGuy is in action & wish him & you a Merry Christmas.

Upvote 0

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe part of a grounding rod clamp?

Upvote 0