🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Artist Signature ID......

Retired Sarge

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2009
Panama City Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
We've had this painting for a few years now, and every so often I try to decipher the signature with no luck thus far. Just hung the picture back up the other day after the final hurricane repairs and decided what the heck, I should try here.

What say yall.....? Any guesses will probably be better than mine were!

For all I know it might be a nobody, an art project etc.

20220906_171151.jpg

20220906_171012.jpg

Solution
Hi Sarge.

I believe the signature is just "GASTON" and that it's a fictional pseudonym used by one or more commercial artists producing wall art for sale in department stores and such. These kinds of works may actually be oil paintings, or simulated oil paintings using textured canvas board, or a mixture of the two where an artist finsihes off a textured print with some overpainting in oils.

Here's another in the same style signed "GASTON" and said to be from the 1980s (offered for sale at around $35).

Gaston1.jpg

Gaston2.jpg

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Sarge.

I believe the signature is just "GASTON" and that it's a fictional pseudonym used by one or more commercial artists producing wall art for sale in department stores and such. These kinds of works may actually be oil paintings, or simulated oil paintings using textured canvas board, or a mixture of the two where an artist finsihes off a textured print with some overpainting in oils.

Here's another in the same style signed "GASTON" and said to be from the 1980s (offered for sale at around $35).

Gaston1.jpg

Gaston2.jpg

Upvote 2
Solution
OP
OP
Retired Sarge

Retired Sarge

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2009
Panama City Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi Sarge.

View attachment 2107554
View attachment 2107555

Thank you Red-Coat, I had forgotten all about this post.

Now I know the answer, didn't pay anything for it, but we liked the picture/painting and it goes with the decor/theme of that room.

You never cease to amaze me, and it seems you solve a lot of these prior posts. Again thank you for solving this for me.

Upvote 2

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread