What's new

Artwork help

jtw1313

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2013
Messages
3,728
Reaction score
2,099
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can anyone help find this artist it is E Doe or E Poe I believe
 
what do you think the canvas material is?
back side looks odd to me,
but i likeit
brady
 
Upvote 0
The canvas is canvas older paintings will have those lines it’s called craquelure
From temperature changes through the years
 
Upvote 0
The canvas appears to be made if a lamb skin or sheepskin? Not something I ever heard about in Art school. I wouldn't trust a machine typed modern material signature affixed to the back of a canvas either. I doubt any Art Expert would under any circumstances. Maybe if you had it carefully professionally restored the original signature would be readily apparent.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
It would be called vellum but don’t think it is
 
Upvote 0
The signature is not on the back piece that is repaired
It is on the front I just zoomed in and put light on it because you can barely see it
 
Upvote 0
Pretty sure the signature is E. Doe. I'm guessing it's one of John's siblings... So we'll likely never know exactly who it is...
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom