Asst. stuff from the last couple weeks.

Danimal

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Detector(s) used
duh...duh... DFX
I finally got my camera working (it got soaked on the way home from JerDFX's place in PA when my camelbak bladder broke and spilled 2L on it :-\) so I thought that some of you might enjoy a few pics of the finds from some recent short hunts. One hunt was with Mirage to a place that was a pay-to-swim lake from (I am guessing here) the 50's to the 70's and has produced two of the Mercs and the war nickle pictured here as well as the darkened silver Rosie. The other stuff is from all-over. The small Johnson Phenolax Wafers bottle I especially like. The "SRM" engraved token appears to be made from an old Canadian half-dime (barely visible on one side). Plenty of wheats (I think there are around 30 scattered in the pic, but no key dates (too lazy to even clean them lately). Also pictured is a cool (the second I have dug) medicine bottle with an engraved copper casing). Can't be too old as the top is threaded. The sterling earring with the inlaid mother of pearl is from a sledding hill nearby. It cleaned up great!
I know it's a pile of confusion, but hey,.....that's the way my life has felt lately and the pics accurately reflect that :D

Pic of one day's dig at the swimming hole. dumped out.
DSCF1223.JPG
closeup of uncleaned 43 Merc
DSCF1225.JPG
finds for the last few weeks (bigger silver has eluded me lately)
DSCF1239.JPG
a bit closer for clarity!
DSCF1240.JPG

HH all.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread