AT MAX

Makita

Oct 25, 2021
Garrett AT MAX is a Lemon ! Already sent it back to Garrett once, its no different than before, same chatter box .Garrett needs to come clean on this detector and do a buy back. If I have to turn my sensitivity down half scale or more that's a problem. It's completely unusable, hard earned money thrown away. It's all over ever forum with the same problem. Very disappointed in Garrett, I have 2 AT PROS they work great several Garrett pin pointers . Plus I have several other top of the line detectors. Your always going to get the reply, too check the coil wire is it loose, trash in the coil cover, EMI frequency off, . Garrett already has worked on it, or so they say, personally I think they turned it on maybe, and sent it right back, this machine has issues. We need to get this information out there, this is why we have forums. If you have a AT MAX dust collector let it be known. Garrett should buy them back, or at least swap out for a AT PRO.

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
When the AT Max first came out, I was excited and then I heard how it sounded in a video, I said no thanks it sounds terrible.

sphillips

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2008
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree, I bought one as a backup to my Eq 800. Liked how well it hit targets, but sold it because the tone was like finger nails on a chalkboard. So I just ordered a Legend from Bars Big Boys Hobbies
When the AT Max first came out, I was excited and then I heard how it sounded in a video, I said no thanks it sounds terrible.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread