What's new

AT Pro 1st Day Out

dale3fan28

Full Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2013
Messages
202
Reaction score
90
Golden Thread
0
Location
Lake Charles, La
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO & Ace 250, ProPointer
Well I finally got to give her a shot. It's going to take a while for me to learn the ropes. Very chatty in the water and sand....couple dozen tabs and a nickel......might hit a school this evening......all in all I thinks i likes it lol
 
Upvote 0
Make sure you tape your coil wire about three inches above the coil. The water will move that wire enough to be detected. When I first got mine I was getting a lot of falses and after I taped the wire it was like I had a different machine. I couldn't believe it.
 
Ground balance, ground balance....
 
my AT pro reads Indian heads at 62- pennies at 76- dimes 81- quarters 86- gold rings 52 to 55- pull tabs 51 -53 nickels at 53-55 -silver at 86-90 i use freq 1 on fields and freq 4 on salt beaches and sens set three bars down from max. iron disk at 40 in pro coin mode. if i have a bouncy reading hit iron audio on it is normally foil or a bottle cap. i hope this helps .
 
Sandy Shoes, I like your username. :icon_thumleft:
 
my AT pro reads Indian heads at 62- pennies at 76- dimes 81- quarters 86- gold rings 52 to 55- pull tabs 51 -53 nickels at 53-55 -silver at 86-90 i use freq 1 on fields and freq 4 on salt beaches and sens set three bars down from max. iron disk at 40 in pro coin mode. if i have a bouncy reading hit iron audio on it is normally foil or a bottle cap. i hope this helps .

Thanks! and I did ground balance too.... Fixin to go tape her up and head to the school.... Results to come later....
 
Well I finally got to give her a shot. It's going to take a while for me to learn the ropes. Very chatty in the water and sand....couple dozen tabs and a nickel......might hit a school this evening......all in all I thinks i likes it lol

Was this in salt or fresh water?
 
Good luck with the At/Pro.
 
salt beach use freq 4 3 bars down on sens and ground balance often
 
if your finding tabs and nickels you will eventually find gold. dig all repeatable tones! I run mine pro zero 30 iron disc.
 
Make sure you tape your coil wire about three inches above the coil. The water will move that wire enough to be detected. When I first got mine I was getting a lot of falses and after I taped the wire it was like I had a different machine. I couldn't believe it.

Thanks From Chug, Will Try that hint out this Week end
 
Great tips from everyone I'm going to try them.
 
I was in salt, went to the school and had no trouble at all, I did test the ring I found at the beach in august with my 250 though, i dug a plug and dropped it in to test. I am reading 43 and its 14k gold, my white gold ring reads 50, I thought gold reads higher?
 
My AT would GB around 15 in wet sand of gulf coast over here in FL.
 
Wow! Because I dont want to be yelled at, I am not going to say that j passed on several hits jn the 40's yesterday, i was running in pro/ zero with 30 on iron, gb around 70 at the school grounds
 
Wow! Because I dont want to be yelled at, I am not going to say that j passed on several hits jn the 40's yesterday, i was running in pro/ zero with 30 on iron, gb around 70 at the school grounds
Ive found several small gold rings that read in the low 40s. Ive got a 5 gram 14k cross pendant that reads 43. Ive found several small hollow gold earrings that read 38 to 40. Most gold rings come in the mid 50s but Ive found a couple that read in the low 70s.
 
use those plastic ties tape will come off.
 
No - I would not do or recommend that -- in my opion tape is better.

use those plastic ties tape will come off.

Dave: :cross: The trouble with plastic ties is that since they are harder than the cables they will eventually cut into the cable.
Also, you risk nicking into the cables when you have to cut the plastic ties away with a sharp object.:cross:

I use plastic electrical tape which works quite well, It just takes a few seconds to replace tape which is starting to work loose.
You have to take care when transporting your detector that it does not get too hot as the tape will unwind.
But you should never let your detector get this hot anyway as it is a delicate electronic instrument.
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom