What's new

AT Pro and 5x8 DD make old hunting grounds new again

Fleeker

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2007
Messages
74
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Hohenwald, Tn.
Detector(s) used
ATPro, GTI 1500, Ace 250 and a ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got my 5x8 DD Friday, went out hunting with it Friday evening. Found 3 silver dimes. Went again Saturday to a different location and found 2 more silver dimes. Those 2 locations were new so I decided to go today to a couple of locations that I have hunted several times before and see what I could come up with. Well lo and behold I found 3 more silver dimes, a buffalo nickel, 19 wheaties and various clad. It was almost like being at a new hunting ground!!!! Most of these areas are heavily infested with iron and that little DD just sneaks right in there and picks out those coins.
 

Attachments

  • WP_000307.webp
    WP_000307.webp
    28 KB · Views: 184
  • WP_000306.webp
    WP_000306.webp
    22.1 KB · Views: 172
Hey nice day out there with the AT.
I had a nice day with my AT pro tday at a friend's home. It was built in 1957 so I didn't figure much but got a great high quarter signal, 90, 91 and about 7 inches down was a 1940D quarter. Two whaties and a bunch of clad was the rest of the take but the 40d is semi ket with only 2.8 million minted. Badly worn but I'm stoked!

Now about that 5x8...I almost pulled the trigger on one but was quoted $125. I figure they have got to come down in price after a spell.
What chu tink? (wadja pay??)
When you say trashy, are you getting down to only moving the coil an inch or less to get inbetween signals? Hope you understand what I'm saying...really asking how it reacts differently compared to the standard 8x11 coil. Are you losing A lot of depth? How deep were the mercs?? I also find that these machines don't want you to miss the nickels..or the gold rings.
Again, nice save's and preciate your thoughts if you get a chance.
HAPPY HUNTIN'!
 
I feel the same way about my AT gold with the 5x8.awesome in the trash.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom