At pro beach help

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well all beaches r different in black sand content & mineralization, what's worked for me in mass beaches is lowering my sensitivity down 4-5,sometimes 3 pending on what spot I'm at & manual ground balance it

Jay In NewKen

Jun 24, 2012
New Kensington, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree with christo. Also, remember to re-ground balance when you move in the different sections (dry sand, wet sand, and surf) all three will gb differently. You should be able to run close to max sens. in dry sand, but not in the other 2.

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
At Myrtle Beach I am able to run full sensitivity with no chatter at all. I auto GB and usually manually lower it by 1. It usually is at 12-13. Run it in pro zero and good luck!!

OP
OP
ynpto804

ynpto804

Jan 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Sun-ray X-5 coil and X-1 Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the help I'll post photos of how I did this evening.

OP
OP
ynpto804

ynpto804

Jan 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh and I'm hunting the outer banks for the next 2 days if anyone wants join

GuerillaBill

Feb 12, 2008
Venice, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Excalibur II, Whites BeachHunter 300
I want to hit the beach with my At pro any help on setting it up??? Thanks in advance Ynp

First, make sure the coil cable is tightened to the control head. If you leave threads exposed, the detector will send false signals.

Then do this:

1. When you first get to the beach, go to an area where you plan to detect and turn the detector on.

2. Wait about a minute. Then hold the detector about an inch above the sand, and hold down the power button for ten seconds until you hear two beeps. This resets the detector.

3. Put the detector in Zero Pro mode.

4. Set the iron audio to off.

5. Run the discrimination up to 30

6. Start detecting.

7. If you start to get false signals, drop the sensitivity down two notches.

8. If you move to a different density of sand and start getting false signals, press and hold the ground balance button while moving the coil up and down about two inches above the ground.

When you move to a new beach, start with #1 above.

Bill

FL-Kruzen

Greenie
Jun 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First, make sure the coil cable is tightened to the control head. If you leave threads exposed, the detector will send false signals.

Then do this:

1. When you first get to the beach, go to an area where you plan to detect and turn the detector on.

2. Wait about a minute. Then hold the detector about an inch above the sand, and hold down the power button for ten seconds until you hear two beeps. This resets the detector.

3. Put the detector in Zero Pro mode.

4. Set the iron audio to off.

5. Run the discrimination up to 30

6. Start detecting.

7. If you start to get false signals, drop the sensitivity down two notches.

8. If you move to a different density of sand and start getting false signals, press and hold the ground balance button while moving the coil up and down about two inches above the ground.

When you move to a new beach, start with #1 above.

Bill

Thanks for the info Bill, I didn't know about the power button reset. What is exactly the ground balancing ... I mean I know what it does and why but I'm unsure of what to listen for when pumping while balancing. Do you listen for the tone to settle? I get a wo... wo kind of sound. Doesn't ever seem to be totally quite. What are you supposed to be listing for?

Thanks

Mark

OP
OP
ynpto804

ynpto804

Jan 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well tonight I found 5 sinkers and a few pull taps. Bill I will try that tomorrow. My first impression of this machine isn't the best but I'm gonna keep at it. I will update with more photos of finds tomorrow.
The finds on the left are with my e trac the ones on the right are with my ATPRO

Attachments

• image-72786229.jpg
    image-72786229.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 85

knightsquad

Apr 5, 2013
East Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Soverign
Tesoro, Vaquero
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kruzen,
At first the Wa-Wa sound will be a high pitched sound when your numbers are high,
as you keep pumping they will soon diminish and go away and then the Wa-Wa will become lower pitched.
You want it right in the middle. Also some people go 3 to 4 numbers less for better sensitivity.
Pete

FL-Kruzen

Greenie
Jun 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kruzen,
At first the Wa-Wa sound will be a high pitched sound when your numbers are high,
as you keep pumping they will soon diminish and go away and then the Wa-Wa will become lower pitched.
You want it right in the middle. Also some people go 3 to 4 numbers less for better sensitivity.
Pete

Thanks Pete.

OP
OP
ynpto804

ynpto804

Jan 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bill. Awesome thank you for the help. It worked great just not many targets. I will use this for a lot of other places.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread