At Pro comes through with a couple of beauties

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went to the favorite park today and found a couple of old wheats and a silver nickel. Plus a beautiful 1906 Indian Head and a great looking 1944 S Merc.
Thanks for looking and happy hunting
MackDog

Oh yeah as my granddaughter would say "Luck" to all who read this

Photo on 5-31-14 at 1.58 PM.jpgPhoto on 5-31-14 at 2.00 PM.jpgPhoto on 5-31-14 at 2.01 PM.jpgPhoto on 5-31-14 at 2.01 PM #2.jpgPhoto on 5-31-14 at 2.01 PM #3.jpgPhoto on 5-31-14 at 2.09 PM.jpgPhoto on 5-31-14 at 2.09 PM #2.jpgPhoto on 5-31-14 at 2.09 PM #3.jpg

Upvote 5
Awesome! But I got a question, how the HECK do u guys find goods in parks? Mine are all trash!

Awesome! But I got a question, how the HECK do u guys find goods in parks? Mine are all trash!

Seriously SLOW DOWN. Start at one edge of the park and slowly go across it. Then come back covering every spot. It's slow and tedious but when you learn the sound of silver or coins deep you'll start digging them. A lot of people know I hit this park and are tearing it up but they are missing the good stuff. Most of these coins are 6-9" deep.
Here's my set up.
Pro, Zero, max sensitivety, run iron up to 40. USE YOUR HEADPHONES (have the volume up a bit). I use the standard 8.5 x 11.5 DD coil.
If you hear a sweet high pitch and the ID stay in the good range (may move a couple of digits) try it form a different angle and if it's still good turn on your Iron Audio for the last check.
I still dig some trash but a lot less. Hope this helps you with your finds.

Also if you have someone else with you that has an AT PRO when either one of you gets a good signal the other should go over it to to help them get the sounds down

That's some nice diggin! Congrats

Thats my exact setup, except I always run in Iron audio. and I always use my headphones. I just get frustrated with all the surface junk

Thats my exact setup, except I always run in Iron audio. and I always use my headphones. I just get frustrated with all the surface junk
Go slow between the sounds and the pro will pick up the differant signals. Sometimes you have to dig a piece of junk to pinpoint the good deep signal because the other one is overriding it. Also big iron will sound like a good target on the edges that's why you run the iron audio. The 40 wheats and silver nickel were found in high trashy areas. When you cover the whole park you'll run into areas with very few signals most people don't waste their time in those areas because they are not productive enough. Some times you go through 3 or 4 strips of the parks with out signals. If you want to find good stuff you have to have a pattern and work it hard.
Happy Hunting

Last edited:
I could move at a snails pace in any of the parks in my town or neighboring town and NOT find a wheat or silver coin. The oldest park I believe opened in 1983. I love your 44 merc and the indian penny.

I could move at a snails pace in any of the parks in my town or neighboring town and NOT find a wheat or silver coin. The oldest park I believe opened in 1983. I love your 44 merc and the indian penny.
No offense but you guys on the East Coast have so much more history. Find out where the people used to gather back in the earlier days. When I hit the older parks around here I try to get coins from before it opened. You'd be surprised what you can find in your area

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back