Molewacker Bronze Member Joined Feb 9, 2015 Messages 1,541 Reaction score 2,553 Golden Thread 0 Location Yacolt WA Detector(s) used EQ 800 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Dec 12, 2017 Thread Owner #1 Went to Cape Disappointment for a rare Dec. beach camping trip - I now know why the panners/sluciers like it! There's so much Black sand - so much it causes problems with compass readings according to surveys and a guy out sampling I met. I had fun beachcoming - but gave up on balancing the at pro.
Went to Cape Disappointment for a rare Dec. beach camping trip - I now know why the panners/sluciers like it! There's so much Black sand - so much it causes problems with compass readings according to surveys and a guy out sampling I met. I had fun beachcoming - but gave up on balancing the at pro.
Tom_in_CA Gold Member Joined Mar 23, 2007 Messages 14,018 Reaction score 10,343 Golden Thread 2 Location Salinas, CA 🥇 Banner finds 2 Detector(s) used Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2 Dec 12, 2017 #2 There are some beaches where *only* a beach pulse will work. And that certainly seems like one of them . Gunpowder grey/black sand. Yuck yuck yuck.
There are some beaches where *only* a beach pulse will work. And that certainly seems like one of them . Gunpowder grey/black sand. Yuck yuck yuck.