creade

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
n.h.
Detector(s) used
DEUS,root slayer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My headphones that came with my pro died. I already have the adapter that allows me to use other ones. My question is has anyone here done this or should I just buy the same ones? I did try to plug in a pair of Walkman headphones and they were loud and only worked on the right side? Is that because you need something special? Thanks!
Chris

Last edited:

Chad1972

Feb 17, 2015
Abilene TX area
Detector(s) used
1 Garrett AT Pro with Nel Sharpshooter coil, 1 AT Pro with a Nel Attack coil, and an Ace 250 (kid's), AT ProPointer, White's TRX pinpointer, Lesche Sampson shovel, Garrett 10" trowel, Viking Digger, S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just ordered a pair of Gray Ghost Amphibians from metaldetectingstuff.com and they should be in this week sometime. I'll let you know what I think about them.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was hating the stock headphones, the earmuffs were always falling off... got the GG amphibians they are solid I am very happy with them.

Chad1972

Feb 17, 2015
Abilene TX area
Detector(s) used
1 Garrett AT Pro with Nel Sharpshooter coil, 1 AT Pro with a Nel Attack coil, and an Ace 250 (kid's), AT ProPointer, White's TRX pinpointer, Lesche Sampson shovel, Garrett 10" trowel, Viking Digger, S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool, very happy to hear that you like them, I've been reading where people don't like them for some reason...mostly too bulky.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was looking into going wireless... but I got scared, afterall, technologically speaking, I am an idiot.

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use ear buds. Love them. Can hear what goes on around me and they are not hot. You have to be sure your adapter is stereo in and stereo out. The ones I use have a inline volume control.I have the Garret adapter with a radio shack 1/4 to 1/8 stereo adapter.

Chad1972

Feb 17, 2015
Abilene TX area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was looking at the Rattlers made by the same people that make Gray Ghosts, it has only one earmuff so you can hear other things...like rattlers. Just wish they were waterproof.

fpelt

Greenie
May 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a pair of the Grey Ghost headphones and I'm not all that thrilled with em. They're hot and bulky and let in a lot of exterior noise. The only thing I like is the longer cord. A big investment for a cord.

Chad1972

Feb 17, 2015
Abilene TX area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a pair of the Grey Ghost headphones and I'm not all that thrilled with em. They're hot and bulky and let in a lot of exterior noise. The only thing I like is the longer cord. A big investment for a cord.

Dammit

d2

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2005
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro/Cibola Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I bought a set of Grey Ghost's when I bought my AT pro and come to find out I have now got to buy an adapter for them to work on the ATP. How sucky is that? Still in the pkg and I paid a C note for them...d2

Chad1972

Feb 17, 2015
Abilene TX area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Gray Ghost "Amphibians" have the right connector though.

OP
OP
creade

creade

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
n.h.
Detector(s) used
DEUS,root slayer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the adapter is 32.95 online. The adapter isn't waterproof though,it doesn't matter to me but it would to some people

Chad1972

Feb 17, 2015
Abilene TX area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I got my new Gray Ghost Amphibians today. They are definitely more comfortable than the stock Garretts. And they get as loud as I can handle. I will check back in when I actually use them for a while but first impressions are 2 thumbs up.

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
My stock headphones crapped out on me too just recently. I just ordered the Blue water proof Garrett headphones. No volume control on them but I'll just put some foam inside if they're too loud. I hope they last longer than my stock ones did.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know the AT Pro headphones are not waterproof, but can I submerge the connector dongle?

Chad1972

Feb 17, 2015
Abilene TX area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know the AT Pro headphones are not waterproof, but can I submerge the connector dongle?
You can if you have it screwed into the machine and the o-ring is in it.

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

That's what I use water hunting. The blue Garret's sound like crap. Just don't dunk them and your good.

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
The stock headphones are cheap,crappy, huge..and ugly looking. Like old 8 track stereo headphones my dad had.

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Grey Ghost Amphibian Coils have the correct connector for the AT Series. They will NOT work on the AT Pro International.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
My stock headphones crapped out on me too just recently. I just ordered the Blue water proof Garrett headphones. No volume control on them but I'll just put some foam inside if they're too loud. I hope they last longer than my stock ones did.

I used duct tape over the noise holes and still couldn't get the volume where I needed it. I finally tossed them in a corner (the blues) and got the Grey's. Couldn't be happier.

Put the Rapoo on my land machine. Best thing I've done lately, other than switching to quality IPA drafts.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread