What's new

Attention all you "live streaming" spammers....

as long as there are PM capabilities. it is not against the rules to contact someone by Private Message to discuss personal issues. it only becomes against the rules if it is off topic spam. (not treasure net topics related in any sense), a apparent viable threat , or accusation. or you requested they don't contact you.
Rule #3 here : TreasureNet - Real Or Fake?
3. Members are free to express such opinions to one another in private messages, but should NOT continue to do so if those messages are unwelcome.can be applied in part.

Looking at this Jeff, I really should have forwarded the message to you before I deleted it out of exasperation! I missed a step :(
 
Sounds like the emails i get 99% spam most are from someplace called amazon or Nigerian prince giving money out
 
I think part of the reason we get so many spammers is
non Members see so many adds, They may think this place allows all .

By the time they Sign up, They don't even notice or care to notice a difference.
 
You have ads on this site?

Never seen one... hump.
 
google ads i think.

you'll only see them if you try to read the forum threads without being logged in.
and don't have an add blocker
 
ok, trying not to sound ignorant here
can someone explain of show examples of the spam thing on this site?
It would help me to avoid
I never open links or attachments
what the purpose of spam and what to they have to gain?
Just asking - seems to be a hot topic
Brady
 
What is a Live Streaming Spammer? From reading a little of what Jeff PA wrote I figured this link is what you all are talking about.
Beale Codes

Now ya got me wantin' to click on it....curiosity killed the cat:BangHead:
 
ok, trying not to sound ignorant here
can someone explain of show examples of the spam thing on this site?
It would help me to avoid
I never open links or attachments
what the purpose of spam and what to they have to gain?
Just asking - seems to be a hot topic
Brady

This is One of them. pixalized to not be an ad

1111.webp

there are also some with You Tube type videos Showing a Blank Gray Screen

Or Sports Event.

Untitledklok.webp

We are TreasureNet. Not Football or Whatever sports they try to advertise.
 
Last edited:
thanks jeff, but still clueless
how does one get the spam?
what's the purpose of spam
sorry not trying to drag this out but it seems to be an issue that I'm not up to date on
brady
 
Oh heck, this is the normal spam that comes here so often. I thought this live streaming spam was something new.
 
I see none as well.
 
thanks jeff, but still clueless
how does one get the spam?
what's the purpose of spam
sorry not trying to drag this out but it seems to be an issue that I'm not up to date on
brady

spam is any advertisement in the forums that has nothing to do with treasure hunting in any form.
It's done by Unscrupulous Companies & Individualizes to get free advertising,
and possibly give you a Virus in some cases..

and is almost exclusively done by first time members.

not much more I can say.

If you see it , Click the Triangle under it and Tell us it's Spam

spam.webp

if we agree we will ban and delete the spammer from Treasurenet
 
Last edited:
Thanks Jeff, now I know what this type of span is. I thought it was the type of span that comes in a can, and bad tasting.
 
Would spammers pay $20 to join TNet?
 
thanks jeff, but still clueless
how does one get the spam?
what's the purpose of spam
sorry not trying to drag this out but it seems to be an issue that I'm not up to date on
brady

Spam, in its simplest terms, means unsolicited advertising. That can mean anything from someone coming in trying to boost web traffic to their own (or another) site, all the way to something much more malicious. Nowdays, if someone so much as visits a bad web page without their PC (laptop, tablet, phone, etc) being properly protected, they can get a virus or worm. If not so bad, it may only be bothersome. Or, it could be something that works its way through your PC (or other) and throws any personal info out to the original programmer, or maybe to the entire world of hackers. This could include names, addresses, passwords (including bank), SSN's, tax info, photos, personal diary kept on your PC, etc. Don't think that just because you have Norton or McAfee that you're protected. Those ONLY protect you from the vast majority of hackers and hacker-wannabe's. The worst hackers out there can easily get by most any of the defenses available to us. Fortunately, these hackers see no fun in hacking PC's like ours, as there's nothing on them to compare with government, military, public works or other sites. ...UNLESS you happen to work at one of these sites. Then you could be the target of a major hacker.


Would spammers pay $20 to join TNet?
They don't. They're simply non-paying members....like me. The only dues I pay here are by providing my input and interaction to the forum, and doing what I can to protect it from people who have no good business here. ...If I ever get more reliable internet and without a data cap, then I will probably become a paid member. But that remains to be seen.
 
Don't think I've ever seen it on this site, I never open links on a post, foolish to do so IMO
Bradyboy
 
ok, trying not to sound ignorant here
can someone explain of show examples of the spam thing on this site?

Brady

It looks like this-

Screen Shot 2016-11-24 at 2.48.25 PM.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom