Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, we do! :icon_pirat:
But if everyone's sites to hunt are like mine, the owners would probably have a hissy fit to look out and see a dozen hunters. :P :-X :D

TimC (North Alabama)

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2007
Cullman, AL
Detector(s) used
Minelabs-Garretts-Fishers-Teknetics-Whites-Nautilus-Tesoros'
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We could hunt the fair grounds parking lot. I amd working on a place for us all to meet and maybe to form a club, but for the mean time we can meet maybe a Jacks on Main St. at the south end of Cullman by Funzone or at Jacks Truck Stop at Good Hope, but anywhere will be fine with me, Maybe someplace in Hanceville or close to Nana40. Just let me know and I'll be there. I will try to secure a place to start a club, but any ideas will be welcome and we will conform to the majority.

Tim

SilverDreams

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2005
Vinemont, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Man the last time I detected the fair grounds parking lot, I spent hours digging through gravel and getting blisters for about 30 cents. ;D Wouldn't you love to get inside the fair grounds!? As far as a club, I'd be up for it and would welcome the idea. If we needed a place to meet monthly or something, the Kelley Community Center on Eva Rd would be good. It gets rented out for family reunions all the time. Tim should know what I'm talking about.
Coincedentally, it can be a good place to detect too. The community center was Kelley school's old lunchroom and the school was torn down in the early 60's. I still pull some silver out of there every once in a while. Let's get the club idea stirred up again! :wink:

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK. Let me know when we're hunting Kelley's! :thumbsup: :D

Nana :wink:

SilverDreams

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2005
Vinemont, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Will do, but be warned it has been detected over and over since the 70s. There are yard sales there so the chance for clad is always high. My last outing I was completely skunked, but each of the 3 times before I pulled one good coin from there. My dad went today and found a 1936 Wheatie and 2 clad quarters. The community center could be a meeting place for a club if we ever get it off the ground. I don't know how central it would be to everyone though..

hsvboy

Greenie
Jan 5, 2009
my family has a small amount of land in paint rock valley.i just got my metal detector for Christmas and cant wait to get there would like some help from old pros though.

quest

Greenie
Dec 5, 2008
Madison County, AL
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hsvboy said:
my family has a small amount of land in paint rock valley.i just got my metal detector for Christmas and cant wait to get there would like some help from old pros though.

hsvboy,

Are you in Huntsville?
I'm new to this as well. If you want to go MD some time let me know.
Now if it would only stop raining.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread