Deckguy

Nov 10, 2012
Harford County,Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guy n gals,

I'm a contractor/treasure hunter here in Maryland. I have a White's III., didn't really need it though on this discovery. I was hired to frame out an attic into a third bedroom, from a woman whose mother had just recently passed away. When we first arrived at the job, the attic was full of old books,board games, clothes, Xmas stuff, etc. (typical attic). She was supposed to have cleaned everything out, not the case. My helper and I proceeded to help her throw stuff out the window into the yard. As we were cleaning the attic, there was safe (20"h x 18"w) on wheels. My helper rolled the safe toward the stairs so we could carry it out to the yard, and when he did he kicked an old metal green tackle box that was underneath the safe. I walked over, picked it up, and opened it. There was $745 in cash and a bunch of old coins (silver dollars, buffalo nickels, cccp,) and others I couldn't even identify they were so worn. I was so happy for her, she was crying, saying her mother must of known she needed the money. It was just a good feeling seeing her so happy. Out of curiosity, I opened the safe, and there was another $462 in cash. ($2 dollar bills) hundreds twenties. she bawled even more it was so funny. I told her I would find her a good trustworthy coin dealer here in Md. Wish me luck! Thanks for reading!!:icon_thumright:

p.s. pictures to soon follow. so much excitement forgot to take pics!
p.s.s. there were also guns an ammo found, her father was a Master Mason since 1941 she gave me a belt buckle. cool

Upvote 2

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story........She needs to be checking every potential place for more. May not have trusted the banks. Had a great-uncle pass away about a year ago and they found money stashed under the house, in closets, and in canisters in the kitchen. :icon_thumleft:

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool story but, you really need to share the pictures! HH, Mike

XLTer

Sep 26, 2012
Western Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome story !!!! Your an honest man Deckguy . It's a great feeling to help people that really need it . Don't forget to also check the age of the lures in the tackle box . Some are highly collectable .

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Could possibly be more $$ in the value of the board games.. Anything pre 1900?! Good stuff. Pictures!!

OP
OP
Deckguy

Deckguy

Nov 10, 2012
Harford County,Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
image.jpg I asked the homeowner to send me a pic. Not that great but I will be back there on wed. and she agreed to let me take a nice spread of the loot !

WildDigger

Sep 22, 2012
Winder Ga
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX3030 & At Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool story. Glad you helped her open the safe.

Talon

May 18, 2012
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Excal 800, Minelab Excal II, Tesoro Tigershark, Garrett ACE 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My aunt and uncle found 800 in cash under the carpet they were tearing up in their sun room. Paid for the whole remodel. It's great when the money seems to show up right when you need it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread