What's new

ATX Loves Jewelry in the Surf

SoCalBeachScanner

Hero Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2013
Messages
610
Reaction score
547
Golden Thread
0
Location
Coastal Orange County, CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX, AT Pro, ProPointer, and a weirdly good sense of direction
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
-
The past several days, I hit the afternoon low tides at three different beaches (Huntington Beach, Seal Beach, and Long Beach). I wasn't going to post anything until I found gold. Well, today I found a 14k White and Yellow Gold Ring.

Found Silver Rings and enough other jewelry and lead items to open a Dollar Store and Tackle Shop. And lots of green and corroded clad (not shown).

Some of my more interesting finds are the complete set of Ten Commandments that was all stuck together with the glass like tar that is deep in Long Beach wet sand. I had to throw the wad of Ten Commandments at the concrete to break it apart just to see what it was.

In one hole, I found three, which appear to be flattened clad coins. After I cleaned them up, I could see the coin edge groves.

And a Brass Buddha Statue that I found yesterday. Maybe that gave me some luck to find the gold :)

Thanks for Looking......


atx1.webp--atx2.webp--atx3.webp


atx4.webp--atx5.webp--atx6.webp
 
Upvote 0
Great finds - Congratulations! Pulse Induction RULES at the beach! :occasion14:
 
Nice lookin' rings. Congrats..... :icon_thumright: Seems like I find those little junky heart pendants every day.
 
You did well!!!
 
Looks like the Commandments were part of a bracelet? Nice haul after all that work. :occasion14:
 
Very nice posting , SCBS!
You found a lot of interesting treasures.

The rings are beautiful; I like that 14K:headbang:

Lorraine
 
Looks like the Commandments were part of a bracelet? Nice haul after all that work. :occasion14:

Thanks Sonny ... Your absolutely right, trying to dig deep while the waves are going in and out is a ton of work. Some of that small stuff would fall through my scoop and I'm chasing it down while scanning :)
 
Hi Bill...nice finds there for sure...Congrats! :hello2::hello2::hello2:

Especially like the 14K .. what's the weight?

Looks like we'll be getting some really nice low tides near month's end.
 
That's some great finds you got there friend, good stuff

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet
 
Well done, Brilliant.. Congratulations

So the ATX is a good tool then ? ? ? still a recent machine and not a lot of info or reviews out there, what did you use before ? ? how do they compare ? ?
 
Well done, Brilliant.. Congratulations

So the ATX is a good tool then ? ? ? still a recent machine and not a lot of info or reviews out there, what did you use before ? ? how do they compare ? ?


Thanks Corlett,

The ATX is almost too good in the surf. It will find items so deep it is impossible to reach the item as the sand continues to fill the hole after you dig past 12". I have had to give up on several deep ring size items. And that is using the machine with factory preset settings (10 sensitivity) with a good ground balance. If I used the ATX without a ground balance and cranked up the sensitivity to 13, I would need a back-hoe to reach the items :)

I was and I still am using a AT Pro prior to the ATX. I use the ATX for the surf and non-trashy dry areas and use the AT Pro for everything else.
 
Nice plate full there, I have the matching feather earring if you need the set:p
 
Nice plate full there, I have the matching feather earring if you need the set:p

Now, if you had a matching feather piercing like the one I found, I just may take you up on your offer :)
 
Nice finds and congratulations on the gold! Looks like the ATX is doing well at the beaches so far. Keep the readers on this forum up to date with its strength and weaknesses and if you run into any problems with this machine. A lot of us would be interested to learn more about it. Thanks...Stuart
 
Glad to hear (see) the ATX is working out for you!
Nice fishin Bill!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom