What's new

Awesome day,Awesome yard!!!!!!!!! new pics!!!

maceman66

Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2009
Messages
305
Reaction score
75
Golden Thread
0
Location
SE Iowa
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got asked to locate lot pins for a guy i know and instead of paying me i told him i would rather just detect his yard as payment and man what a yard it turned out to be!!! My very first target was this beautiful 1917 type 1 Standing Liberty in wonderful shape!! My next target was a 1910 V nickle, then a 1911 wheat penny and then a 1917 merc, my first 4 targets were all coins and the newest one was 1917, i knew it was gonna be a great place!!! I ended up with 2 Slq's(1917,no date) 2 Barber dimes (1905s,1910), 4 Mercs(1917d,1942,1943,1944) a V nickle(1910), a no date Buff, 2 indians (1904,1906) and 21 wheat pennies!! I also found a cool pocket watch, a thimble, a flag pin, a gold plated ladies pin, a boy scout pin,a silver colored pin, a military button with some gold left on it. 2 coal tags and about 2 dollars in new change and most of this was found between the street and the sidewalk!!!!
 

Attachments

  • 1917sSLQ.webp
    1917sSLQ.webp
    18.2 KB · Views: 1,425
  • oct19th09.webp
    oct19th09.webp
    39.3 KB · Views: 1,421
  • pocketwatch.webp
    pocketwatch.webp
    21.6 KB · Views: 1,431
Upvote 0
Re: Awesome day,Awesome yard!!!!!!!!!

WTG mace those are some awesome finds!! :notworthy: :notworthy: :headbang:
 
Re: Awesome day,Awesome yard!!!!!!!!!

nice yard to bad it was not mine.
 
Re: Awesome day,Awesome yard!!!!!!!!!

Thanks guys, i forgot to add to my story that that 1917 SLQ is a "D" mint mark, i guess i was in to big of a hurry to post it,LOL I will try to get some better pics of it, not sure whats wrong with my macro camera, i guess its getting old and worn out like me!! LOL
 
Re: Awesome day,Awesome yard!!!!!!!!!

Awesome indeed! Congrats on the great finds. :thumbsup:
 
Re: Awesome day,Awesome yard!!!!!!!!!(new pics!!!!)

Ok, heres some better pics, still not great but better, I'm trying!!!
 

Attachments

  • 1917Dslqfrnt.webp
    1917Dslqfrnt.webp
    30.5 KB · Views: 777
  • 1917Dslqback.webp
    1917Dslqback.webp
    44.7 KB · Views: 783
That sir, is AWESOME! I still have not found an SLQ! Congrats!

~Tom
 
Congratulations on those fantastic finds. Were they deep or at grassroot level?


That quarter was lost pretty soon after it was minted. There looks like there's very, very little wear on it and SLQ's wore down fast. From the looks of the fine detail still showing on the shield, it should grade at AU (almost uncirculated).

As far as your macro's being blurry; do you use a tripod? When taking macros, the slightest movement results in blurred pics.

To Diver_Down, only certified land surveyors can set lot pins. They have to meet the recorded measurements for the land.
 
Awesome for sure!!! You need to go back and hunt that yard again! :icon_thumright:

That SLQ is amazing!! :notworthy:
 
NICE finds! Beautiful coins, congratulations on a First Class hunt. :thumbsup:

HH
Rusted
 
Nice Silver ! You don't see them oldies lokking that good most of the time. I agree with Greg23 , Looks like a General Service Button. Can you read the backmark ???
 
Shortstack said:
Congratulations on those fantastic finds. Were they deep or at grassroot level?


That quarter was lost pretty soon after it was minted. There looks like there's very, very little wear on it and SLQ's wore down fast. From the looks of the fine detail still showing on the shield, it should grade at AU (almost uncirculated).

As far as your macro's being blurry; do you use a tripod? When taking macros, the slightest movement results in blurred pics.

To Diver_Down, only certified land surveyors can set lot pins. They have to meet the recorded measurements for the land.

I realize that. I was just making a joke to do whatever it takes to get back to that yard. Some need to turn on their sarcasm meters.
 
That IS an awesome day, Maceman! :thumbsup:
Dale
 
A fantastic day! And now for my standard question: on the "other" SLQ, is it Type I or II? If Type I, we might still be able to narrow it down between 16 and 17. Now I'm rushing over to see Part 2!
 
the other SLQ is a type 2 it has the stars on the reverse
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom