awesome pan

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife was cleaning at a friends business. She found a couple of stones on the carpet and tried to give them to him. He said keep them ,let me get you a bag. She vacuumed the carpet and could hear more .She asked if she could have the vacuum bag ,he said sure. I panned it out ,,,,,,,,,, I could not believe it . Gold ,diamonds,rubies,sapphires, emeralds ,tanzanite and several others . IMAG0102.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
strickman

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks ,I have not been able to go dredging lately . But for panning at the house that ain't too bad ! Can't wait till she goes back !

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that's probably the last place that a serious prospector would look for gold and jewels.
Wonder how many others have had the chance to "pan" the vacuum cleaners dust bag?
Ya know..........that might not be a half bad idea! :laughing9:
Gold Nuggets :hello:

OP
OP
strickman

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a piece of carpet given to me about 15 years ago.About 9x9 ,It was from a friend that taught me how to make jewelry.I took a large tarp -hung the carpet over it and beat it relentlessly for hours .panned it out and got about 3 dwts. of 10,14,and 18 kt. filings (all mixed of course). When finished I examined it and found another 1 dwts. in small bbs melted to the carpet that were dropped when casting.

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice indeed, I would have been tempted to burn that loose piece of carpet, and pan the ashes.:icon_thumleft:

TAKODA

Aug 19, 2008
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My wife was cleaning at a friends business. She found a couple of stones on the carpet and tried to give them to him. He said keep them ,let me get you a bag. She vacuumed the carpet and could hear more .She asked if she could have the vacuum bag ,he said sure. I panned it out ,,,,,,,,,, I could not believe it . Gold ,diamonds,rubies,sapphires, emeralds ,tanzanite and several others . View attachment 692612

:laughing7: :headbang: .

OP
OP
strickman

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey T , does that count as huntin' over a baited field ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions