What's new

Awl #24 (and 24 1/2)

T Witko

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2010
Messages
432
Reaction score
727
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Dakota
Primary Interest:
Other
Found it Saturday afternoon and 24 1/2 in the evening. Also the start, I hope, to another pottery puzzle and a few scrapers.
I'll be looking for the other half. :)
 

Attachments

  • Awl24a.webp
    Awl24a.webp
    209.7 KB · Views: 113
  • Awl24b.webp
    Awl24b.webp
    241.4 KB · Views: 104
  • 91222awl24.webp
    91222awl24.webp
    237.9 KB · Views: 105
  • 91222awl24b.webp
    91222awl24b.webp
    282.2 KB · Views: 98
  • Awl24c.webp
    Awl24c.webp
    287.9 KB · Views: 108
Upvote 0
wow you guys just rock!!
super great find. i really love them little scrapers
 
that is an extra nice one
look at the 3rd image and enlarge it as big as possible......
.......the sanding (thinning marks) are very visible ......and give it character......these were most likely done with a piece of pumice or a piece of sandstone
 
Another awl? :thumbsup: Very Nice!
 
that is an extra nice one
look at the 3rd image and enlarge it as big as possible......
.......the sanding (thinning marks) are very visible ......and give it character......these were most likely done with a piece of pumice or a piece of sandstone

Yes, someone went the extra mile on this one. And sooo sharp - still.
 

Attachments

  • 2012-09-22_16-10-21_516-1.webp
    2012-09-22_16-10-21_516-1.webp
    25 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
You are going to have to do a really cool frame of all those awls. They are just great T Witko. Glad you guys are saving them. Great patina.
HH
TnMtns
 
You are going to have to do a really cool frame of all those awls. They are just great T Witko. Glad you guys are saving them. Great patina.
HH
TnMtns[/QUOTEThanks, I feel very fortunate at the "awl"some find streak I've had and I'll have to get another set of photos with them awl together. The really amazing thing is that same approximately 12x12 foot area. I'm not sure how to prove it, but I think they were made by the same person.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom