What's new

Awlmart #17

T Witko

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2010
Messages
432
Reaction score
727
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Dakota
Primary Interest:
Other
I stopped by an area Monday evening where since June 2011 I've found a bunch of bone awls. It's approximately a 6' x 6' area that just seems to grow them. This one is #17 and awlmost #18w
Awl these from "AwlMart".
 

Attachments

  • Awl17 a.webp
    Awl17 a.webp
    30.6 KB · Views: 110
  • Awl17 b.webp
    Awl17 b.webp
    31.4 KB · Views: 105
  • Awlmart2.webp
    Awlmart2.webp
    59.5 KB · Views: 98
  • Awlmart3.webp
    Awlmart3.webp
    43.4 KB · Views: 93
  • Awlmost1.webp
    Awlmost1.webp
    36.3 KB · Views: 102
  • Awlmost2.webp
    Awlmost2.webp
    43 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nice T those are beauties!!!..........................GTP(Chris)
 
Very Nice collection of awl's. Your last two photo's; Is that some type of leather-working tool?
 
dennis,
the last piece looks like it could have been a tool used in pottery shaping or possibly processing porcupine quills
they are fairly common here
most are broke, some have one round end and one pointed end, most have both ends rounded
 
Beautiful finds my friend.:icon_thumleft:
 
dennis,
the last piece looks like it could have been a tool used in pottery shaping or possibly processing porcupine quills
they are fairly common here
most are broke, some have one round end and one pointed end, most have both ends rounded


Yes, it was likely this type of tool but it was found where awl the others were found. I was thinking it may also have been a broken awl -
 
It is interesting they seem concentrated in that area. Nice awl's.
 
Very Nice collection of awl's. Your last two photo's; Is that some type of leather-working tool?

Are you sure that it wasn't used as a tongue depressor by the local medicine man? :laughing9:
 
It is interesting they seem concentrated in that area. Nice awl's.


Yes I think it's interesting too. We do find awls in different areas here and there but very seldom do you find even a couple in the same general area.

Thanks
 
The only thing that I can think of is there might have been more work in that area.
 
T Witko said:
I stopped by an area Monday evening where since June 2011 I've found a bunch of bone awls. It's approximately a 6' x 6' area that just seems to grow them. This one is #17 and awlmost #18w
Awl these from "AwlMart".

Can you tell me where my local "AwlMart" is?;-) nice finds
 
T Witko said:
Sure, it's two blocks west of the intersection of Scraperville and Scraper City. :)


You have a better map than mine! I'm on the look out . When I find that intersection, I won't be on the computer much. Say what you need to now, I'm on my way! ;-)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom