What's new

Axe head??

Dirt fishing Wolf

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2009
Messages
2,217
Reaction score
528
Golden Thread
0
Location
G P, Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX, Nokta Makro Simplex +
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was walking along a field by my son's house in Dakota County, Minnesota when I stumbled upon this big guy. At first I thought it was an axe head, but I'm not really sure. Any thoughts??


3.webp

2.webp

1.webp
 
Upvote 0
Im not sure on it but it has a good shape in the last pic. Hopefully someone else will know.
 
Looks like a piece of naturally eroded Limestone to me that had a harder substance in the center that didn't erode as quickly. Not an Axe.
 
That is sure one wild looking rock though.
 
Was it found near a water source ?
 
Sorry, that's just a natural rock with a harder vein in it that didn't erode away as quickly.

Hippy
 
give us some close ups and don't forget the edge you would think was the blade....
 
Was it found near a water source ?
Found in a field roughly 40 acres, runoff down the field or possible a spring could
have been there back in the day.
 
Thank you guys for looking and for the comments. To us this looked worked all the way around. The material looks the same from top to bottom.
Weighs around 5-7LB.'s. I didn't find any flakes or points but I did find some what I think were fire starter stones. I left all my finds with son in MN.,
came back to Illinois this morning. I'll have him take a picture of them and add to the post later. HH DFW
The fire starter stones were all very much like these that I've found around here.
fire starter stones.webp
 
Last edited:
I think it is natural, but honestly, not sure.
Axes here in the midwest can get pretty big, much larger than down south. I would have taken it home as well. Get it checked out some more, I hope it does turn out to be an ax....
Thanks for the pics. and congrats.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom