What's new

axe head!

GatorBoy

Gold Member
Joined
May 28, 2012
Messages
14,812
Reaction score
6,156
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Woohoo!

ForumRunner_20140109_002609.webp
 
Upvote 0
Thats a big ole chunk...
 
Yeah this thing weighs a ton.
Time for some electrolysis
 
would love to see photos of what come out after cleaning. Cool find. HH, Beach papa
 
I'll be sure to post them.
 
I already got rid of the loose excess material

ForumRunner_20140109_222053.webp



ForumRunner_20140109_222111.webp



ForumRunner_20140109_222127.webp
 
nice find there gator
 
Thanks jamey
 
Gator could u post a pick of the electrolysis setup. I use a car charger for the small stuff. What u using for large items such as this cool find.
 
I'm using a 4 amp car charger .., that's as high as I go for the big stuff something small like coins and such I use a cell phone charger.
Slightly larger pieces..I use an old plug in D.C. charger for a cordless drill.
The anode will depend on the type of metal the artifact is made of for this I just grabbed a door hinge.
I keep it simple
 
Last edited:
ForumRunner_20140110_102448.webp
I use (baking soda) sodium bicarbonate for the electrolyte solution
 
Absolutely LOVE LOVE your post Gator!!!! Always so much and exciting to see your finds! Thanks for sharing!
 
Thank you!
It's nice to show to folks who "get it"
:-)
 
Cool find...was that a beach find or old home site?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom