What's new

Axe

mainejman

Bronze Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2012
Messages
1,046
Reaction score
1,878
Golden Thread
0
Location
maine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a hard pill to swallow but today I was hunting my site that I shared with a buddy.He showed up with his son about the time I was leaving.You guessed it this is the picture I got sent to me.Just shoot me I'm never gonna hear the end of this.Specially since I told him if he was nice I'd let him touch my arrowheads...

ForumRunner_20140421_184920.webp
 
Upvote 0
Yeah I see what you are talking about. Maybe they made it then tossed it. Might of been a practice piece for learning.
 
I'm not sure how this axe was used. Regardless, it's nice. Rock, I have to disagree on this being a discharge. It looks like a pretty nice amount of time was put into.... To me, anyhow.
 
That's a great find ceremonial..
. even warfare practice whatever the case.. it's a nice axe head
 
Here's my guess I'm thinking it is a spade or digging tool is the ground very rocky ?
 
I don't believe so painterx7 .The ground around here is about 50/50.A lot of rock and ledge.Its grooved for hafting like an axe would be.A spade would not be grooved like that.Also the bit end would have showed some abuse....mjm
 
Haha your ground is like mine they say they used axes like that for butchering as well could of been used for that either way super piece your friend found ;)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom