AZ members check in

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello all you AZ members of Treasure Net.

Here is a thread designed for one thing... Checking in and getting out with fellow AZ members. I see that there are a few AZ members who have gotten together and had some fun prospecting. I am kinda jealous. I, and hopefully other members from AZ also, would like to get to know our peers in person. See who like to shovel, and who like to watch shoveling happen... J/K.

I see some members are passing through the area I live in and I would love to get involved.

I will start it off. I live in Glendale, and don't have a truck. ( I have a company truck, but that is a big no-no) I have a drywasher, and a MD. I have my daughter every other weekend, and have the FEVER. I have a membership with Roadrunners. We have claims at Rich Hill, near Vulture Mine, and near Old Woman Gulch outside of Morristown. Anybody wants to set up a day of digging, let me know. I will be waiting at the end of the drive with too much equipment....

Upvote 0

StreamlineGold

Apr 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Killed a little time this week at the Aqua fria near table Mesa rd...found color even in the surface black sand deposits...a lot of big tailing piles looks like someone had a decent sized commercial operation in there at one point...I want to go back and explore some of the cuts and do some bedrock samples

StreamlineGold

Apr 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also there was one current and flagged off working looked like they had been in there with a small excavator...other than that no claim markers

OP
OP
K

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looks like my broad range of equipment will be put to use this weekend. I am gonna fire up the drywasher on saturday. There is some gold to be had in every shovel....

jair

Sep 6, 2013
Las Vegas
Detector(s) used
Whites and cheep bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Make sure and post some pictures .

OP
OP
K

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well, didn't really get any digging done. Did some four wheeling, had a couple cold beers and did a little plinking. Good day next to the water in the bottom of a canyon. That's what it's all about. Getting out and enjoying mother nature. We did find a mine shaft that is 100' plus deep. Took four seconds for a rock to hit bottom. Gives you vertigo looking down in there.

StreamlineGold

Apr 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did a little poking around the Oxbow mine in Payson yesterday ... Got a few samples will have to crush them and see what's inside

Rob in KS

Aug 21, 2006
Middle of Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Oxbow mine is place I'd like to visit if I can ever get away and visit my friend in Payson. Lots of placer claims in that area. I'd like to hear what you found when you get them crushed.

StreamlineGold

Apr 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The outcropping I was working had a lot of limonite and a lot of blues in it from the copper in the rock so I got some samples of the area where the yellowish / dark red quartz changed in color... It looks like they probably filled in the shafts so I don't know the exact spot they were chasing.. I would like to hit the creek down below and what comes up too. Had the kids with me so only had so much time

tomjiggy

Sep 18, 2010
Hey kazcoro, I'm in the Glendale area now and will be here for a while(at least until my VA claim is resolved). I'm staying here with my father-in-law until then. I am looking for something that will be both entertaining and profitable because I'll be bringing my wife and grandson along. I'd like to go out this saturday if possible. I live on West Almeria. I have a black Ford F-150(two wheel drive). Let me know, and if it works out well I'd be happy to join the club and turn this into a regular outing.

OP
OP
K

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This was by Bumble Bee.

OP
OP
K

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey kazcoro, I'm in the Glendale area now and will be here for a while(at least until my VA claim is resolved). I'm staying here with my father-in-law until then. I am looking for something that will be both entertaining and profitable because I'll be bringing my wife and grandson along. I'd like to go out this saturday if possible. I live on West Almeria. I have a black Ford F-150(two wheel drive). Let me know, and if it works out well I'd be happy to join the club and turn this into a regular outing.

I won't be able to go out for a while. In the middle of moving. Hopefully someone else will contact you and show you around some.

kayakpat

Mar 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you guys have maps of the old mines, or does their layout get told by word of mouth. The old coal mines around here are death traps

tomjiggy

Sep 18, 2010
Moving away? Too bad if you are. Hope it works out for you where ever you end up at. Anyone else here in Phoenix got a hot spot or two you wouldn't mind sharing? I was kinda looking at Lynx Creek, but if I read it right I can't use my MD there? Someone else know much about the laws there?

StreamlineGold

Apr 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most of the gold there is fines tho unless you have a gold bug2 or a minelab most detectors dont seem to do well there

Joe Z

Aug 18, 2012
New River AZ
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug 2,
Whites Goldmaster GMT,
Viper Vac, Tesoro Vaquero
and a 30 year old Radio Shack Detector :)
Primary Interest:
Other
You can use a md in Lynx just not above the high water line

Most of the gold there is fines tho unless you have a gold bug2 or a minelab most detectors dont seem to do well there

I got the Gold Bug 2 and it will pick up one tiny, 1/8"long really fine strand of copper wire an inch or two down. That place is full of old stuff so get ready to dig.... Minelab is just a dream, I can't afford that

Glad to hear you verify not above high water to detect. I heard that a while back and wasn't sure.

I've been down there at Bannie Mine Rd a few times and looked around a lot but never did much more than a little panning....Nice camping spot

Thnx

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread