AZ members check in

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello all you AZ members of Treasure Net.

Here is a thread designed for one thing... Checking in and getting out with fellow AZ members. I see that there are a few AZ members who have gotten together and had some fun prospecting. I am kinda jealous. I, and hopefully other members from AZ also, would like to get to know our peers in person. See who like to shovel, and who like to watch shoveling happen... J/K.

I see some members are passing through the area I live in and I would love to get involved.

I will start it off. I live in Glendale, and don't have a truck. ( I have a company truck, but that is a big no-no) I have a drywasher, and a MD. I have my daughter every other weekend, and have the FEVER. I have a membership with Roadrunners. We have claims at Rich Hill, near Vulture Mine, and near Old Woman Gulch outside of Morristown. Anybody wants to set up a day of digging, let me know. I will be waiting at the end of the drive with too much equipment....

Upvote 0

StreamlineGold

Apr 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Joe Z

Aug 18, 2012
New River AZ
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug 2,
Whites Goldmaster GMT,
Viper Vac, Tesoro Vaquero
and a 30 year old Radio Shack Detector :)
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm still struggling to make a living so I gotta wait till the weekend most likely. I would like to go do a little exploring for a claim out there
Call me friday night and if all is well here i can show you the ropes over the weekend

In blc if you cross the aqua fria there is one access road that gets you back to the trails and claims. I have been back there a few times. It's kind of hard to find because it almost looks like your pulling into someone's driveway. It's right off soap creek
I know where your talking about but i have two thers where you can camp right on the river and do some panning of concentrates you bring there from nearby claim

StreamlineGold

Apr 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah only found a few specs on soap creek was mostly nugget hunting though...at the time it was dry as bone found maybe one small puddle for panning...

I'm gonna hit up the superstition claim again sometime soon if anyone is interested

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Anyone in the Kingman area?

Hey guys! It's looking like my move up to the Kingman area is going to start to happen in about 2 months. I'll be making a couple of trips up there before the actual move so I can get to the recorders office and check the records for the area I'm looking at for claiming. If they come up as being open, I'll then spend some time out there prospecting to see if they're going to be worth claiming. If they check out, I'll be staking and filing on the second trip up.

I'd like to be able to meet up with any members from here that are in the area so I can get the lay of the land. What's where, good places to shop, places to avoid etc. PM me if you're willing to help out. Jeff

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Dan. It's been a long time coming. It's looking like I will be getting at least enough cash form my sister to keep me in "Bean and Bullets" even though the buyout is still on hold. Give me a call when you get a chance and I'll give you the details.

OP
OP
K

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey guys! It's looking like my move up to the Kingman area is going to start to happen in about 2 months. I'll be making a couple of trips up there before the actual move so I can get to the recorders office and check the records for the area I'm looking at for claiming. If they come up as being open, I'll then spend some time out there prospecting to see if they're going to be worth claiming. If they check out, I'll be staking and filing on the second trip up.

I'd like to be able to meet up with any members from here that are in the area so I can get the lay of the land. What's where, good places to shop, places to avoid etc. PM me if you're willing to help out. Jeff
I would like to come out and do some digging after you get all set up if that is an option. Never did any digging up there.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
My plan is to make this into a small to medium sized commercial operation. I don't just want a "Hobby Claim" here Kaz. My plan is to be working the first claim while I locate several others. That way when one plays out I can move on to the next one and start working it as I do the reclamation on the last site.

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My plan is to make this into a small to medium sized commercial operation. I don't just want a "Hobby Claim" here Kaz. My plan is to be working the first claim while I locate several others. That way when one plays out I can move on to the next one and start working it as I do the reclamation on the last site.

Sounds like a solid plan. I'll dig through some of the old texts and maps I have here for any info I may have on the area. Too far away for me to use any of the info.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the offer Machinist. I've dug through every bit of information I could lay my hands on but there is always more room for more. Much of the info was gleaned from Clays site which is pretty complete if you dig deep enough. Much of the information I've copied over to spreadsheets which are saved to two different flash drives. This way, even if I can't get onto the web while out in the field, I'll have the important information on hand. I've got current claims, historical claims, land management etc all arranged by township/range and section. I even included which topo maps cover each section. I've done the area from the La Paz County line up to where the river cuts Mohave county into two sections. Well over 10,000 entries in this spreadsheet and it takes 146 pages to print it all out.

I've also downloaded every topo map for the same areas. Both the current ones that include the aerial views and the older versions with the PLSS info on them. Trust me that it's a LOT of maps! I maxed out my monthly download quota more than once getting all of them. :laughing7:

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've also downloaded every topo map for the same areas. Both the current ones that include the aerial views and the older versions with the PLSS info on them. Trust me that it's a LOT of maps! I maxed out my monthly download quota more than once getting all of them. :laughing7:

You are going to hate me for this Jeff - saunter on over to Land Matters and check out the Topo Search Map. Less than two weeks ago new format Topos for all of Arizona that have the PLSS added were released. :laughing7:

Heavy Pans

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
<-------<<< Shooting glaring stare at Clay. :laughing7: Now why would I be mad at you Clay? As much help as you've been to me over the last couple of years I can't see that ever happening. :thumbsup: Of course they wait until AFTER I've blown about two months of download limits to get what I needed for my research! Frickin story of my life I tell ya! I guess enough people complained to them about the missing data that they put it back on the maps or something.

StreamlineGold

Apr 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you still have the claim down by Tucson Irishman? I definitely missed out on it but this year I should have more weekends open...been dying to get out there and find some gold.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
No... didn't bother to get the paperwork finished up. I didn't see any sense in doing so since I'm going to be up in the Kingman area. It's kind of a shame though since I had done a lot of improvements already and it was turning into a area with good possibilities.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Last time I checked. To be sure, you'd have to get yourself to the Pima County Recorders office and double check. I can give you the aliquot description if you're really interested in it. The largest nugget I found out there was 1.25 grams and I'm sure there's other possibly larger ones still hiding. There is also an old foundation slab that after checking with my friend that's the BLM historical guy for the area I had started clearing off. Makes a great place to set up tents on. A little more work and it could be a very good base of operations. There is also another 20 acre section directly east that is open and while exploring that I found a rock on the surface that was small fist sized and yielded up 7 grains of gold after crushing. On the west side of the area there was a pond that could possibly be used as a source of water for processing. (I wouldn't EVEN think of drinking it!!!) It's gotten a bit silted up over the years, but if you could clear the silt out of it and get it back to its original depth it could last you most of the year. Running the materials that have filled it in would also be an option as they were washed down from a fault line area up stream. If I wasn't heading up to Kingman, I'd have filed on this area and held onto it for dear life.

StreamlineGold

Apr 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit up Soldier Boy today...saw some pretty good color unfortunately the area we were working had little to no water...found a stream on my way back out that was flowing...had I known. Gonna run my buckets of material tomorrow

OP
OP
K

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Picked up a new to me truck last weekend. Going up to prescott for work tomorrow. Get to finally get out and do some shoveling. Gonna bring the drywasher and try to keep it grunting!!

StreamlineGold

Apr 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a few specs and flakes...nothing to brag about but following the bedrock down from a high bench was getting a little better...lack of water in that spot was slowing us down..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions