Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes, one can tell what the "theme" was for a particular hunt by what was found.
Doesn't mean you found what you were looking for but the keepers tend to show the type of hunt.

2015 (389).jpg

Look at the percentage of types of coins. ;)

2015 (390).jpg

Takes a certain concentration to pull all those. :)

2015 (391).jpg

Awwwwww now don't that speshul? LOL :)

Thanks for peeking!

Upvote 8

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where in the world did you find my mix tape. Lol I remember making those in a place long ago and far away:headbang:

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whadi, you need to explain what that BFF item represents. There are many young ones on TNet that have no idea what that artifact is. Maybe I can help,...it is a "cassette tape." A plastic housing enclosing dual spools that wind and rewind a 6mm magnetic tape with music on it. It was used in a "cassette player" from the early 1970's to about mid 1990's, when "CD's" took over (but that is another story.) Sub :laughing7:

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I SEE FISHY RECOVERED AND BLINGY PUT A TAPE TOGETHER FOR SAVING HIM FROM THAT MEAN OLE RED MERC CAR, THEY GOT ENOUGH CHANGE TO GO OUT AN CELEBRATE. NICE FINDS.

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whadi, you need to explain what that BFF item represents. There are many young ones on TNet that have no idea what that artifact is. Maybe I can help,...it is a "cassette tape." A plastic housing enclosing dual spools that wind and rewind a 6mm magnetic tape with music on it. It was used in a "cassette player" from the early 1970's to about mid 1990's, when "CD's" took over (but that is another story.) Sub :laughing7:

No it ain't. It's a tiny little badge/charm/key fob or some such, depicting what you said up there. ;)

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I used a cassette player back in 3rd grade but that was the only time I recall ever using one. The ipod came out in 2001 when I was 10, but at this time I used a CD player becasue ipods were too expensive. In high school almost every kid had an ipod, I had a Creative ZEN: Vision M, which was in my opinion the best music player of the age, better than ipod.

The ZEN had a built-in FM tuner and allowed you to record songs directly onto the hard drive from the radio broadcast. This was a very controversial feature in the music industry and later music players got rid of it for fear of lawsuits. The ZEN was the music player I used through college and it finally broke in 2013 after 7 years of constant use. I still have it though becasue it reminds me of the good old days, and one day I hope to repair it.

Now I don't use a music player, all my songs are on my phone and are stored in flash drives. It is this generation now that will never know the joys of owning a Hard Drive based MP3 player, and you can bet $1,000 they will never know what a cassette tape is.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hmmm...my teacher after she confiscated MY MP3 player. It was hard hiding that in my overalls so she didn't find it. I still have blisters from writing 1000 times on my slate " I shall not bring the Victrola to my one room class again "....
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1436606046.639708.jpg
Gary, I went to a closed campsite at a closed park here last year with the intention of finding gold, and I came away with a large number of nickels like that.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
...later, I graduated to the really fancy MP3 player
View attachment 1185800

...but kept getting into trouble cause you weren't supposed to bring matches to school...

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1436606508.586482.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1436606508.586482.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 203

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I used a cassette player back in 3rd grade but that was the only time I recall ever using one. The ipod came out in 2001 when I was 10, but at this time I used a CD player becasue ipods were too expensive. In high school almost every kid had an ipod, I had a Creative ZEN: Vision M, which was in my opinion the best music player of the age, better than ipod.

The ZEN had a built-in FM tuner and allowed you to record songs directly onto the hard drive from the radio broadcast. This was a very controversial feature in the music industry and later music players got rid of it for fear of lawsuits. The ZEN was the music player I used through college and it finally broke in 2013 after 7 years of constant use. I still have it though becasue it reminds me of the good old days, and one day I hope to repair it.

Now I don't use a music player, all my songs are on my phone and are stored in flash drives. It is this generation now that will never know the joys of owning a Hard Drive based MP3 player, and you can bet $1,000 they will never know what a cassette tape is.

What about 8 Track?:laughing7:

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks like someone was searching for gold by all the nickels you found!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very high nickel ratio. Looking for the gold, are we?
You scored gold for those two "BFF" (as long as Blingie gets first choice). Maybe they can hang it on the wall.
I thought it was a mini cassette at first but couldn't figure out the rim around it.
So is it a silver charm?

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No it ain't. It's a tiny little badge/charm/key fob or some such, depicting what you said up there. ;)

Oh Whadi, I did catch that in the photo. That is why I commented that your treasure "represents" the cassette. It cracks me up because it is"straight up 80's!" Sub :occasion14:

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very high nickel ratio. Looking for the gold, are we?
You scored gold for those two "BFF" (as long as Blingie gets first choice). Maybe they can hang it on the wall.
I thought it was a mini cassette at first but couldn't figure out the rim around it.
So is it a silver charm?

Yep, was rolling low and slow. No gold, but fun anyway. And a LOT of work!!

No, it's pure bling. :)

Thanks!

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh Whadi, I did catch that in the photo. That is why I commented that your treasure "represents" the cassette. It cracks me up because it is"straight up 80's!" Sub :occasion14:

What? You mean the 80's WASN'T just yesterday!?!? :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread