What's new

B of A - A OK!

STDevil

Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2008
Messages
329
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Stopped by my usual B of A stop to get some cash. Asked the teller if she had any halves, and she said "no, sorry" (as usual). Then, she paused, said that they had a partial box in the vault, and asked me if I wanted it. I said sure! After a while, she comes back with a Brinks Box containing $400. Apparently, someone else wanted $100 worth of halves. As I took the box and stared to leave, the Merchant Teller (who is very cool) came by and said "Oh, I did not know those were yours! How come you did not order them from me??". I said these were not my order, but of course I was happy to take them.

I ended up with 8 40%, 6 90%, and three nice clad proofs.

I was pleased with the number of 40%, and I was really surprised to find the 90%ers! All in all, a good day!

Happy hunting!
 
Upvote 0
I had the same thing happen to me a few months back at BoA, $400 box I bought and even though it only gave 5 - 40's, cool!
I've read some negativity regarding BoA, but honestly I've never had a problem with the regular branch, they have always been helpful. ffd
 
I too have never had a problem with B of A...in fact, the tellers at a couple of the branches routinely let me know if they have some Ikes or old dollar bills that I might like. Maybe its the water up here, or maybe (and more likely) it's the fact that I am not dumping major quantities of coin (I usually just bring in a couple of hundred dollars in hand rolls every now and then) or dumping at banks I "get" coins from.

Whatever the reason, everything works for now...
 
lucky booger
my boa branches here locally won't order halves for me
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom