Back at the old Church today....

nc-joe

Dec 1, 2006
Concord, NC
Detector(s) used
White's DFX and Minelab Explorer SE
Well, one of the other club members wanted me to take him to my old church site to hunt a little today.

So we spent most of the day there and I found:

1 Wheatie, 1948.
1 Zinc Cent 1989
1 Clad dime 1965 (almost silver) ;D
1 Clad Quarter 1966 (again, almost silver) :-[
1 SILVER DIME 1941-D Mercury Dime AU! ;D ;D
3 bullet leads (2 undamaged, 38 cal and 22, and one 22 smashed)
1 Skeletin key (broken in half)
1 Something tube shaped.
and a handful of pull tabs and a little trash

My counterpart found:
3 Weaties 1941, 1941 and ? (I don't recall the last date)
2 Memorials
4 Nickels (1942, 1943 (silver), and 2 modern clad)
1 Clad dime 1967
1 SILVER DIME 1920-D Mercury Dime :o
(he was searching on coin mode only and did not dig much trash)

All in all, any time you pull silver, it's a good day!

Attachments

• church2.JPG
    church2.JPG
    11.7 KB · Views: 308
  • church2.JPG
    church2.JPG
    11.7 KB · Views: 316
Upvote 0
congratulations. nice finds, sounds like a good time and you even got to find some nice keepers.

Nice finds. Sounds like it was a great day to be digging! I would love to dig a Merc - I am still trying to find my first silver :-\

gypsyheart said:
Great job! Wasnt there an old bottle dump or privy site near there....Looks like there would be.

There is a bottle dump back in the woods. There are 2 privy's on church property from before the in door plumbing was added. (I just can't bring myself to dig the outhouses.... I know, I know, it's just ash now, but still..... I can't do it.) I guess it's the same thing when it comes to the cemetery out back, I just can't bring myself to dig around the graves.

Dont have to dig the privy....just make sure you hunt hard all around it...the paths leading to it....I am against cemetery hunting so you are safe there....but I would be hitting that bottle dump big time!
Is there anyway you can getold pics of the place....lots of times they had large picnics etc at the church grounds....and dont forget to check where they parked the buggies and wagons......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back