What's new

Back in black and into the yellow!

surfnturf

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2010
Messages
1,449
Reaction score
3,345
Golden Thread
2
Location
Gray Lady
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
X/CAL,DEUS Il….
Stealth 720i hybrd extreme Knox 900 Fisher AQ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can’t bash this🏴‍☠️☠️🪎
Oh my precious friend!
After 18 years, I have a new girlfriend and she’s quite lovely! AQ!💛🤯😎
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5222.webp
    IMG_5222.webp
    454.1 KB · Views: 351
  • IMG_5221.webp
    IMG_5221.webp
    402.1 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_5224.webp
    IMG_5224.webp
    307.4 KB · Views: 103
Upvote 0
No such thing as catch and release I eat them all!!🤪🏴‍☠️🙏🏻🪎
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5225.webp
    IMG_5225.webp
    1.3 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG_5226.webp
    IMG_5226.webp
    136 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Damn SNT, SWEET find! I know Joe/OBN swears by his 2 AQ's, says the AQ is the deepest detector he's ever used, even deeper than his beloved collection of Excals. How deep do you estimate that ring was?

BTW, if you keep hitting on cheddar like that, I'm afraid you just might have to propose to your new girlfriend. Only problem would be where on the detector would you place the ring, lol.
 
Damn SNT, SWEET find! I know Joe/OBN swears by his 2 AQ's, says the AQ is the deepest detector he's ever used, even deeper than his beloved collection of Excals. How deep do you estimate that ring was?
Yes, No doubt.. Love my AQ's! In the saltwater the AQ is the deepest of all water machines, If you have a spot where you know there is good targets very deep the AQ is the machine to have. Only problem, you really need to know your beach well for the AQ can be a nightmare at the wrong spot.
 
Only problem, you really need to know your beach well for the AQ can be a nightmare at the wrong spot.
Yeah, I can just picture that thang hitting on bobby pins 2 feet deep, lol.
 
  • Haha
Reactions: OBN
Damn SNT, SWEET find! I know Joe/OBN swears by his 2 AQ's, says the AQ is the deepest detector he's ever used, even deeper than his beloved collection of Excals. How deep do you estimate that ring was?

BTW, if you keep hitting on cheddar like that, I'm afraid you just might have to propose to your new girlfriend. Only problem would be where on the detector would you place the ring, lol.
Yep, some damn good advice OBN!! so my girlfriend‘s got a twin. She’s moving in next week.🤩
Yep, I bought a second AQ!
I was too full scoops maybe took me three hard to remember, but I was in extreme black sand!
Maybe you didn’t notice in the picture from the beginning thread look close I already proposed😂
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5222.webp
    IMG_5222.webp
    454.1 KB · Views: 32
Yep, some damn good advice OBN!! so my girlfriend‘s got a twin. She’s moving in next week.🤩
Yep, I bought a second AQ!
I was too full scoops maybe took me three hard to remember, but I was in extreme black sand!
Maybe you didn’t notice in the picture from the beginning thread look close I already proposed😂
Sounds like your in Love already!! I might recommend putting Dow 111 Di-electric grease around the knobs bases. Both of my machines are the earlier models and I know they have upgraded the design but if you happen to notice the knobs getting stiffer to turn, the Dow111 will fix that. Also when you turn the AQ off , no matter the delay settings it will revert back to (7) Delay when its turned back on..so adjust the delay once the machine is turned on to reset it.
 
Sounds like your in Love already!! I might recommend putting Dow 111 Di-electric grease around the knobs bases. Both of my machines are the earlier models and I know they have upgraded the design but if you happen to notice the knobs getting stiffer to turn, the Dow111 will fix that. Also when you turn the AQ off , no matter the delay settings it will revert back to (7) Delay when its turned back on..so adjust the delay once the machine is turned on to reset it.
Thank you Joe. Every bit of info is super helpful. She’s a powerful machine hard to ride at first,but once you break her in, I can only imagine the goodies in my future! Hey, I checked you out on Detector talk I think that’s what it was called with Myers detectors and with Clive, great info on the AQ and I think that was about four years ago or mor. tomorrow, I’ll be bringing out some gold samples to burn into my brain‘s ear, I want to be more proficient with the narrow sounding targets however for now I’m digging everything and trying to remember what it sounds like ramp up ramp down, similar to my excal! 🏴‍☠️👍🏻

Between Jim, Ron and you. I am getting dialed in from the get-go totally in love and that’s why I bought a back up💛
* Safety tape
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5232.webp
    IMG_5232.webp
    562.1 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Yep, some damn good advice OBN!! so my girlfriend‘s got a twin. She’s moving in next week.🤩
Yep, I bought a second AQ!
I was too full scoops maybe took me three hard to remember, but I was in extreme black sand!
Maybe you didn’t notice in the picture from the beginning thread look close I already proposed😂
Also wanted to add…. the ring hit hard so I was at least 12 inches down in black sand with no problems hitting the target!
 
Hey, I checked you out on Detector talk I think that’s what it was called with Myers detectors and with Clive, great info on the AQ and I think that was about four years ago or mor.
That was "Treasure Talk" and the AQ episode with Joe & Clive was last year. Treasure Talks last episode was last August, and IIRC, Joe & Clive were on a couple months before the last episode, so they just made it on before they shut the program down. I really liked watching those episodes, especially the regional beach detecting reports.
 
That was "Treasure Talk" and the AQ episode with Joe & Clive was last year. Treasure Talks last episode was last August, and IIRC, Joe & Clive were on a couple months before the last episode, so they just made it on before they shut the program down. I really liked watching those episodes, especially the regional beach detecting reports.
only saw that one episode pretty sure it was four years ago. They asked Joe and Clive if they knew anyone else that used the AQ basically no it was their secret weapon.😂🏴‍☠️
And Joe had just finished making his own personal battery.
Either way, I gotta go back and look at more of those YouTube videos. Sounds sounds like there’s more episodes I should look at!
 
only saw that one episode pretty sure it was four years ago. They asked Joe and Clive if they knew anyone else that used the AQ basically no it was their secret weapon.😂🏴‍☠️
And Joe had just finished making his own personal battery.
Either way, I gotta go back and look at more of those YouTube videos. Sounds sounds like there’s more episodes I should look at!
Here's the episode I was referring to with Joe & Clive talking about the AQ on Treasure Talk. On the video page, it says that it was streamed 11 months ago which coincides with my memory, since Treasure Talk ended production last August.

Man, time seems to be accelerating for me, my days, weeks and months just seem to whiz by. If it turned out to be 4 years ago, but I thought it was last year, I think my brain would have blown up, lol.

 
Great find there surfndturf :headbang:
 
Here's the episode I was referring to with Joe & Clive talking about the AQ on Treasure Talk. On the video page, it says that it was streamed 11 months ago which coincides with my memory, since Treasure Talk ended production last August.

Man, time seems to be accelerating for me, my days, weeks and months just seem to whiz by. If it turned out to be 4 years ago, but I thought it was last year, I think my brain would have blown up, lol.

.

Gotta watch thanks for posting🏴‍☠️ hey, I could be wrong and my brain is fried cause I watched it last night after having a couple rum and cokes.🤯
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom