What's new

Back in black and into the yellow!

surfnturf

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2010
Messages
1,449
Reaction score
3,345
Golden Thread
2
Location
Gray Lady
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
X/CAL,DEUS Il….
Stealth 720i hybrd extreme Knox 900 Fisher AQ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can’t bash this🏴‍☠️☠️🪎
Oh my precious friend!
After 18 years, I have a new girlfriend and she’s quite lovely! AQ!💛🤯😎
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5222.webp
    IMG_5222.webp
    454.1 KB · Views: 351
  • IMG_5221.webp
    IMG_5221.webp
    402.1 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_5224.webp
    IMG_5224.webp
    307.4 KB · Views: 103
Upvote 0
Gotta watch thanks for posting🏴‍☠️ hey, I could be wrong and my brain is fried cause I watched it last night after having a couple rum and cokes.🤯
I think this is the video you had watched. I watched it again and at one point, Clive and Joe were asked how many AQ's were out there. Clive mentioned maybe 10, then the host said that as time went on, he's sure there would be more AQ's sold. Clive said that the AQ is a detector for very serious hunters, and if you're not experienced with a PI, he suggested not getting. Joe jumped in and jokingly said "and if you're in Maryland, don't get one", lol.
 
I think this is the video you had watched. I watched it again and at one point, Clive and Joe were asked how many AQ's were out there. Clive mentioned maybe 10, then the host said that as time went on, he's sure there would be more AQ's sold. Clive said that the AQ is a detector for very serious hunters, and if you're not experienced with a PI, he suggested not getting. Joe jumped in and jokingly said "and if you're in Maryland, don't get one", lol.
Which reminds me of using my Excalibur in all metal mode and listening to my threshold variations! The AQ seems to do the same sort of thing, but the variations and small bumps in the threshold are much louder so target is easier to identify at 15 inches but you better enjoy Digging and digging 😎
By the way, I stopped Digging target(s) after 2 feet. Am I missing out on anything?😫
 
Which reminds me of using my Excalibur in all metal mode and listening to my threshold variations! The AQ seems to do the same sort of thing, but the variations and small bumps in the threshold are much louder so target is easier to identify at 15 inches but you better enjoy Digging and digging 😎
By the way, I stopped Digging target(s) after 2 feet. Am I missing out on anything?😫
Man SNT, I know about those 2-foot holes, lol. Was working the dry many years ago with my Sovereign Elite in discrim mode, so I could get auto iron rejection and variable pitch tones. Got a nice high pitched smooth signal, so I'm thinking silver or some large coin. I dug and dug and dug. I don't remember how long it took to dig, but I do remember I had to stop to take a break, get a drink of water, lol. Finally, I found the target, wasn't a coin or silver, but a kid's fruity drink pouch that looked like it had a liquid aluminum sprayed on one side of the pouch, probably to help keep it cold. And aluminum gives me high-pitched tones on my Sov.

I had to get down on the sand and reach deep with my hand to grab the target. Then I looked at the hole, and it was so friggin' big & deep that I decided to step in with both feet. The top of the hole was equal to the top of my kneecap. When I got home, I got a tape measure and measured from the floor to top of my kneecap and it was 24", or 2 feet. It took a lot of digging to retrieve that target, and dry sand is easy to dig. Wet sand would have been tougher and trying to dig that 2-foot hole underwater would have been off the charts difficult, at least for my 6" RTG scoop, lol.
 
Man SNT, I know about those 2-foot holes, lol. Was working the dry many years ago with my Sovereign Elite in discrim mode, so I could get auto iron rejection and variable pitch tones. Got a nice high pitched smooth signal, so I'm thinking silver or some large coin. I dug and dug and dug. I don't remember how long it took to dig, but I do remember I had to stop to take a break, get a drink of water, lol. Finally, I found the target, wasn't a coin or silver, but a kid's fruity drink pouch that looked like it had a liquid aluminum sprayed on one side of the pouch, probably to help keep it cold. And aluminum gives me high-pitched tones on my Sov.

I had to get down on the sand and reach deep with my hand to grab the target. Then I looked at the hole, and it was so friggin' big & deep that I decided to step in with both feet. The top of the hole was equal to the top of my kneecap. When I got home, I got a tape measure and measured from the floor to top of my kneecap and it was 24", or 2 feet. It took a lot of digging to retrieve that target, and dry sand is easy to dig. Wet sand would have been tougher and trying to dig that 2-foot hole underwater would have been off the charts difficult, at least for my 6" RTG scoop, lol.
Too funny I once dug a hole 2 feet or more and a 3 by 3 fr crater in the very, very wet sand, struggling and struggling 10 minutes later and while a crowd gathered well I ended up pulling out a gold ring raised it up and showed everyone and got a cheer. However, I knew pretty much right away that it was plated junk.😭🏴‍☠️
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom