What's new

historical coin spill found in New England.

TRHNTR

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2016
Messages
21
Reaction score
229
Golden Thread
0
Location
MASS
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sorry about my original post. I am not familiar with this site and I thought I had posted the story about the coins, but apparently I did not.
It was my first outing with a couple friends I haven’t seen in a while. trying our luck on some new permission hay fields. I found six tree coins in about a 20 foot radius, all in separate holes, I was in amazement. couldn’t believe it, grateful I we went back for three more days and pounded it and
I squeezed out two more tree coins!
 I can’t believe it 🤯 going over the site thoroughly again for the third day, The six pence was in a hole I’d already rechecked, and the three pence must’ve gotten lonely 🤓 Note to self: after you recheck your holes, make sure you remember to recheck your holes again!
that makes a total of eight Tree coins found,  unbelievable! and I it was a coin spill, but now that I think about it, that’s an awful lot of money to be carrying around. It could’ve been a stash that was spread by the plow, we can only imagine.. 😊 I still can’t believe it, I am beyond grateful and honestly speechless 🫠🙃
I had to put down my dog-sweet baby girl Cali a couple weeks ago, it never gets easier 💔
One of my friends had said to me you spent eight beautiful years with her and she gave you eight beautiful treats from heaven. Makes total sense now.😌 thank you Cali🙏
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0602.webp
    IMG_0602.webp
    1.9 MB · Views: 2,074
  • IMG_0603.webp
    IMG_0603.webp
    1.9 MB · Views: 577
  • IMG_0600.webp
    IMG_0600.webp
    4 MB · Views: 596
  • IMG_0601.webp
    IMG_0601.webp
    2.9 MB · Views: 604
  • IMG_0731.webp
    IMG_0731.webp
    778 KB · Views: 234
Last edited:
Upvote 70
And some steal the lead line and take you on a run!

Yes, they certainly will. Been nearly 60 years, but getting drug around an arena
by a spooked horse is something you don't forget..
kngt.gif
 
Wow ... what truly amazing finds - congrats ! :hello2:
I’m hoping we get more info from the OP about this stunning Ma. silver spill. It’s just the best I ever saw. I have fellow club members who have found really nice singular Massachusetts silvers but they were all schillings. Seeing the minor denominations in the spill is jaw dropping.
I wasn’t trying to steal this thread but instead express my true excitement knowing first hand the thrill of these kinds of finds.
 
After spraying off... place in something cotton only... if you have to rip piece of your shirt off ... a coin like this would be worth it.
It pays to have a little plastic baggy with a strip of cotton cloth in it ... just in case you find something like these.

I carry a small Altoids mints box with cotton from an aspirin bottle inside it. Fits perfectly in the 5th pocket of my jeans. It can hold a couple of large cents or a few small flat buttons without crushing them. I use the larger size Altoids box if I'm going to a spot that's produced well in the past.

altoids 2.webp
altiods 1.webp
 
I see that the OP was on the site last Friday morning.....yet, not a peep.

Considering their silence, my conclusion is that the pic(s) are a complete AI created
fraud from someone with too much time on their hands.
 
I have to believe this "find" is a hoax posted as click bait. Odd that the original poster has been a member for almost 10 years and this is their only post. I don't believe a word of it. Oh wait, they haven't posted a word. Didn't happen and should be removed.

Anthony
 
Yep, he found two more, saw on facebook. I expect he was so excited he posted it everywhere, probably doesn't visit here much and just hasn't been back. Other guys that were with him posted also, seems to be totally legit.
 
Yep, he found two more, saw on facebook. I expect he was so excited he posted it everywhere, probably doesn't visit here much and just hasn't been back. Other guys that were with him posted also, seems to be totally legit.

He was back on the site last Friday, and declined to comment further on his post.

If it's real, awesome! However, until we get told more (here on Tnet) there remains a question
of some credibility.

It's kinda like someone running into a barber shop full of men and shouting "Bare boobs
are out front!"....and we all run out the door...... and see nobody.
GAAAHsmiley.gif
 
What the ?!?!!? Any back story? Unless this is a cruel joke, I say those coins belong on the BANNER forever, assuming you meet the site’s various criteria. Just amazing!
I went back to the site for the past two days and found two more a six pence and a three pence, no joke
 
He was back on the site last Friday, and declined to comment further on his post.

If it's real, awesome! However, until we get told more (here on Tnet) there remains a question
of some credibility.

It's kinda like someone running into a barber shop full of men and shouting "Bare boobs
are out front!"....and we all run out the door...... and see nobody. View attachment 2233146
just to clarify, I never declined to reply to any post. I’m just having a hard time keeping up with all the messages.
 
I went back to the site for the past two days and found two more a six pence and a three pence, no joke
Wow! Maybe post the new ones too and give us all just a little of the back story. These are just amazing finds, and I am sure everyone would be excited to hear what you have to say. I have been detecting Mass for seven years and have never found even one. So awesome! Oh … and congratulations!!!
 
Last edited:
Wow! Maybe post the new ones too and give us all just a little of the back story. These are just amazing finds, and I am sure everyone would be excited to hear what you have to say. I have been detecting Mass for seven years and have never found even one. So awesome! Oh … and congratulations!!!
thank you, I’ve been very blessed
 
I posted a lot of words with an explanation didn’t you see it?
I thought I did, but apparently I didn’t. Thanks for making me aware of that.👍
 
Someone sent me this picture which shows two extra coins. I don't know what to believe....
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20251111_211000.webp
    IMG_20251111_211000.webp
    75.7 KB · Views: 110
The OP has edited the original post (7:28 pm today)
Now it all makes more sense. Thanks OP. Great finds !!
Congrats to you & your buddies on a FANTASTIC find of a lifetime.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom