What's new

historical coin spill found in New England.

TRHNTR

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2016
Messages
21
Reaction score
229
Golden Thread
0
Location
MASS
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sorry about my original post. I am not familiar with this site and I thought I had posted the story about the coins, but apparently I did not.
It was my first outing with a couple friends I haven’t seen in a while. trying our luck on some new permission hay fields. I found six tree coins in about a 20 foot radius, all in separate holes, I was in amazement. couldn’t believe it, grateful I we went back for three more days and pounded it and
I squeezed out two more tree coins!
 I can’t believe it 🤯 going over the site thoroughly again for the third day, The six pence was in a hole I’d already rechecked, and the three pence must’ve gotten lonely 🤓 Note to self: after you recheck your holes, make sure you remember to recheck your holes again!
that makes a total of eight Tree coins found,  unbelievable! and I it was a coin spill, but now that I think about it, that’s an awful lot of money to be carrying around. It could’ve been a stash that was spread by the plow, we can only imagine.. 😊 I still can’t believe it, I am beyond grateful and honestly speechless 🫠🙃
I had to put down my dog-sweet baby girl Cali a couple weeks ago, it never gets easier 💔
One of my friends had said to me you spent eight beautiful years with her and she gave you eight beautiful treats from heaven. Makes total sense now.😌 thank you Cali🙏
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0602.webp
    IMG_0602.webp
    1.9 MB · Views: 2,074
  • IMG_0603.webp
    IMG_0603.webp
    1.9 MB · Views: 577
  • IMG_0600.webp
    IMG_0600.webp
    4 MB · Views: 596
  • IMG_0601.webp
    IMG_0601.webp
    2.9 MB · Views: 604
  • IMG_0731.webp
    IMG_0731.webp
    778 KB · Views: 234
Last edited:
Upvote 70
I went back to the site for the past two days and found two more a six pence and a three pence, no joke
Congratulations on the Six and the Three Pences.
My condolences on loosing your dog. I lost mine 2 months ago, and that onion is still fresh.😥
 
The greatest find ever gets even greater! This cache/spill is by far the Tom Brady GOAT of Banner finds. Congrats again, TRHNTR. Leave some for the rest of us!
 
just to clarify, I never declined to reply to any post. I’m just having a hard time keeping up with all the messages.

I'm glad you came back. Next time it would do you well to add some sort of explanation
to go with the pics.

Your honor is now restored...
respect-062.gif
 
sorry about my original post. I am not familiar with this site and I thought I had posted the story about the coins, but apparently I did not.
It was my first outing with a couple friends I haven’t seen in a while. trying our luck on some new permission hay fields. I found six tree coins in about a 20 foot radius, all in separate holes, I was in amazement. couldn’t believe it, grateful I we went back for three more days and pounded it and
I squeezed out two more tree coins!
 I can’t believe it 🤯 going over the site thoroughly again for the third day, The six pence was in a hole I’d already rechecked, and the three pence must’ve gotten lonely 🤓 Note to self: after you recheck your holes, make sure you remember to recheck your holes again!
that makes a total of eight Tree coins found,  unbelievable! and I it was a coin spill, but now that I think about it, that’s an awful lot of money to be carrying around. It could’ve been a stash that was spread by the plow, we can only imagine.. 😊 I still can’t believe it, I am beyond grateful and honestly speechless 🫠🙃
I had to put down my dog-sweet baby girl Cali a couple weeks ago, it never gets easier 💔
One of my friends had said to me you spent eight beautiful years with her and she gave you eight beautiful treats from heaven. Makes total sense now.😌 thank you Cali🙏
Congratulations !!
You know, it kinda makes you wonder what other people have found and they don't know what they have found, I mean treasure hunting has been going on for 60+ years and who really knows what someone dug up 30-40 years ago that they never Identified and maybe is sitting in a box somewhere or worse lost to history...
True story, Years ago a friend and I (God rest his soul) were hunting an old church in Charleston SC when he showed me a brass piece that he had found, stamped on it was "Servant" and "1862" or something... He didn't know what he had, until I told him I thought it might be a slave tag.. (I wasn't sure as I had only heard about them)
We ended up digging 3 that day.. and of course we "Discovered" what we had found...
Just makes you wonder what people have found that you don't know about !!

We all appreciate you sharing your incredible finds with us, as these will now never be lost to history !!
 
Someone sent me this picture which shows two extra coins. I don't know what to believe....
Joke? I think the photo someone sent you is AI enhanced - see the diamond symbol in the lower right corner of your photo indicating such. Also, the three extra coins in this photo do not look like tree coins, and the online poster claims to have found eight coins and not nine. The online poster edited his original post with nice details and photos of the extra two coins. Who needs AI when the online poster apparently has the real deal. What a spectacular and newsworthy find.
 
Last edited:
Joke? I think the photo someone sent you is AI enhanced - see the diamond symbol in the lower right corner of your photo indicating such. Also, the three extra coins in this photo do not look like tree coins, and the online poster claims to have found eight coins and not nine. The online poster edited his original post with nice details and photos of the extra two coins. Who needs AI when the online poster apparently has the real deal. What a spectacular and newsworthy find.
Yeah, it was a joke. I knew before I started to read the comments that the neysayers would would start to make comments or start to make drama where it doesn't exist, ha. Someone even commented on the exact time the op edited his post, lol.
I agree that this is a dream find(s) for the op and I have no doubt that it's real.
 
sorry about my original post. I am not familiar with this site and I thought I had posted the story about the coins, but apparently I did not.
It was my first outing with a couple friends I haven’t seen in a while. trying our luck on some new permission hay fields. I found six tree coins in about a 20 foot radius, all in separate holes, I was in amazement. couldn’t believe it, grateful I we went back for three more days and pounded it and
I squeezed out two more tree coins!
 I can’t believe it 🤯 going over the site thoroughly again for the third day, The six pence was in a hole I’d already rechecked, and the three pence must’ve gotten lonely 🤓 Note to self: after you recheck your holes, make sure you remember to recheck your holes again!
that makes a total of eight Tree coins found,  unbelievable! and I it was a coin spill, but now that I think about it, that’s an awful lot of money to be carrying around. It could’ve been a stash that was spread by the plow, we can only imagine.. 😊 I still can’t believe it, I am beyond grateful and honestly speechless 🫠🙃
I had to put down my dog-sweet baby girl Cali a couple weeks ago, it never gets easier 💔
One of my friends had said to me you spent eight beautiful years with her and she gave you eight beautiful treats from heaven. Makes total sense now.😌 thank you Cali🙏
Pretty cool
 
NO Banner !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??? You have my vote... Guys over $15 K in coins from the ground... $100,000 + if not dug .

Like I said before, I am interested..... Jimj
 
Respectfully... What are the chances that these coins would even all be in the same spot? I've been on this site for a long time and seen a bunch of stories, sorry... not buying it.
 
Sure makes you wish all the coins could tell us their life history
 
Respectfully... What are the chances that these coins would even all be in the same spot? I've been on this site for a long time and seen a bunch of stories, sorry... not buying it.
I think the chances are as good as finding any other coins buried for safe keeping, in 1752 the British were taxing everyone in the colonies for as much as they could, I'm sure many buried their valuables and money to avoid being taxed on them, or at least a few did, so this very well looks to be that! IMHO
 
I’m not really surprised to see a cache of this magnitude. I’m sure their are countless others out there in New England that are similar in size, if not larger.

1600s New England was a wild place and hard money was hard to come by. I’m sure their earlier settlers squirreled away anything they could just in case of an Indian attack/raid, bandits, and even their own neighbors.

Then the Revolutionary war happened. Loyalists hid what they could and left. Families divided, etc…

Regardless of any more engagement with the OP. This isn’t the first and most likely won’t be the last find of this magnitude. It’s just the first we heard on here.
 
sorry about my original post. I am not familiar with this site and I thought I had posted the story about the coins, but apparently I did not.
It was my first outing with a couple friends I haven’t seen in a while. trying our luck on some new permission hay fields. I found six tree coins in about a 20 foot radius, all in separate holes, I was in amazement. couldn’t believe it, grateful I we went back for three more days and pounded it and
I squeezed out two more tree coins!
 I can’t believe it 🤯 going over the site thoroughly again for the third day, The six pence was in a hole I’d already rechecked, and the three pence must’ve gotten lonely 🤓 Note to self: after you recheck your holes, make sure you remember to recheck your holes again!
that makes a total of eight Tree coins found,  unbelievable! and I it was a coin spill, but now that I think about it, that’s an awful lot of money to be carrying around. It could’ve been a stash that was spread by the plow, we can only imagine.. 😊 I still can’t believe it, I am beyond grateful and honestly speechless 🫠🙃
I had to put down my dog-sweet baby girl Cali a couple weeks ago, it never gets easier 💔
One of my friends had said to me you spent eight beautiful years with her and she gave you eight beautiful treats from heaven. Makes total sense now.😌 thank you Cali🙏
Outstanding!!! Congrats!!!
 
Joke? I think the photo someone sent you is AI enhanced - see the diamond symbol in the lower right corner of your photo indicating such. Also, the three extra coins in this photo do not look like tree coins, and the online poster claims to have found eight coins and not nine. The online poster edited his original post with nice details and photos of the extra two coins. Who needs AI when the online poster apparently has the real deal. What a spectacular and newsworthy find.
I can guarantee you this is no joke! The coins are real, and they were found all in the same area just as I said.
 
I can guarantee you this is no joke! The coins are real, and they were found all in the same area just as I said.
Welcome back... Btw... I answered your question in your new thread.
Glad you have re-joined us... we have all been tuned into this.
Also... Congratulations on your mega score... it is not everyday metal detecting finds of this caliber are posted and your day is what dreams are made of for many here... including me.
Your find / pictures qualify and will be posted as a "banner find" here on the site.
 
Welcome back... Btw... I answered your question in your new thread.
Glad you have re-joined us... we have all been tuned into this.
Also... Congratulations on your mega score... it is not everyday metal detecting finds of this caliber are posted and your day is what dreams are made of for many here... including me.
Your find / pictures qualify and will be posted as a "banner find" here on the site.
well, thank you and sorry it’s been so long. I’m in the process of building a house. It’s been crazy on my end. I am not online that much so I’ll try to keep up with all the posts. I’m looking for opinions and advice on what my next step should be with these coins. it seems there are many different opinions, and I just don’t wanna make the wrong move. I was suggested to send them out to NGC to have them slabbed authenticated and possibly restored, but I don’t want the original patina on them removed I would think they would be worth more as is and as a group. I think the best move is to just have them authenticated and slabbed. I would think only restoring them if absolutely necessary.
 
how about new pics of the whole group? ....and, have you gone back yet?
 
well, thank you and sorry it’s been so long. I’m in the process of building a house. It’s been crazy on my end. I am not online that much so I’ll try to keep up with all the posts. I’m looking for opinions and advice on what my next step should be with these coins. it seems there are many different opinions, and I just don’t wanna make the wrong move. I was suggested to send them out to NGC to have them slabbed authenticated and possibly restored, but I don’t want the original patina on them removed I would think they would be worth more as is and as a group. I think the best move is to just have them authenticated and slabbed. I would think only restoring them if absolutely necessary.
thank you that’s awesome
how about new pics of the whole group? ....and, have you gone back yet?
I can do that. I’ve gone back a half a dozen times and spent hours going over it and over and over it
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom