What's new

Back In The Game.....Amazing Find....

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2005
Messages
1,342
Reaction score
103
Golden Thread
0
I decided to take a break from coin roll hunting last fall.
Decided last week to get back in it for a bit and see what happens.

First box results?

Amazing.

8 40% halves
5482gj.jpg


Also got a 1996-S Proof, and a 2001-S 40% Silver proof!
152kvp3.jpg


Not my oldest find, but my most valuable by far. A 1925 Stone Mountain Commemorative in great shape! No discernable wear!:
2rwb41s.jpg


vgo381.jpg



I always thought my most valuable find hunting halves would just be a standard issue, but old....say a Barber, or Seated Liberty or something. Just goes to show that you can't predict the future! ;D
 
Upvote 0
Great find with the commemorative, and others as well.

The 2001-S, if silver, will be 90% though.

Jim
 
Still waiting on my first sivler commemerative. Nice to see you back Maltese! What a comeback indeed.

Golden Silver
 
Congrats Falcon on scoring that beautiful commerative :icon_pirat: plus some other goodies including that silver proof , Ed
 
Nice Commemorative, never seen that one before!
(heh, i even had to look it up in the Red Book for fun.)
 
That commemorative is very cool, I haven't seen that one around. :thumbsup:
 
Sweet! Glad to see you back. :thumbsup:
 
Congrats on a great find. I like that Stone Mountain ! :thumbsup:
 
It's nice to come back from a break and not get skunked.
Congrats :thumbsup:
 
Thanks guys.

The 2001 is a 90%? Wow! How cool izzat! Yeah I just went and looked around the net.
Sho' nuff!

The edges are pure white. I got a bit more silver than I thought!

Just discovered something else.....all the State Quarters in those same proof sets are 90% silver, as is also the 2001-S Roosevelt Dime. AND the 2001 Sacawagea dollar is 90% silver as well! So it would seem some of those will eventually make their way back into the wild.

And into our greedy little hands lol.
;D

HSN is selling these sets for $250 right now. That was how I found a listing of everything in the Silver Proof set haha.
 
I found a '96 silver proof dime last month so yea if the silver halves are getting spent the rest are too. Congrats on the old Commemmorative, still waiting on mine haha. HH Mark
 
Heck, there is still stuff I have yet to find. Have yet to find a Barber. Have yet to find a Seated Liberty (though I have a few in my personal collection). Oh, and I have not yet found a half worth over $100,000. I am still waiting on that one! ;D
 
MalteseFalcon said:
Heck, there is still stuff I have yet to find. Have yet to find a Barber. Have yet to find a Seated Liberty (though I have a few in my personal collection). Oh, and I have not yet found a half worth over $100,000. I am still waiting on that one! ;D
I'd give back both my Barbers for a Stone Mountain. I'll keep pluggin along until I find my old Commemm., that and the real gold coin I haven't found yet in a roll. HH Mark
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom