What's new

Back in the game.

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2007
Messages
1,801
Reaction score
8
Golden Thread
0
Location
USA
Can't win if you don't play right. Well I took the last few weeks off- I needed a break from the "second job", went camping for 10 days, laid around the house. I had intended to dump my hunting $$$ into PM's and do something different with my time. I did buy some nice stuff but locally I found as the spot decreased the premiums increased- I ain't payin spot+$3 for Happy Anniversary bars. So I decided to make a couple phone calls to my banks and give this another go, after all I'm close to a couple of milestones I want to reach, I only need two more Bens to fill my book and I'm 35 oz from 1K since July 07. Anyways I picked up 4 boxes yesterday, got 5 oz. Hope this is a trend! Got 4 today, another 5 oz. Looks like I'm back in business till I get pi$$ed off again. 4 boxes a day is about the limit but I could be back to 6 in a heartbeat. 4 boxes doesn't leave much time for posting or picture taking, 6 leaves none. HH all, Mark
 
Upvote 0
Hey Mark, congrats on your new found silver. Do you have any immediate plans for disbursing your stash ? Cheers, Jim
 
:thumbsup: Have to wait till the safe gets full again. HH Mark
 
He's back!!!!! Good luck champ!
 
You picked the right time to jump on your 1k goal but sadly it seems like you ran into the same roadblock that 99% of us have with premiums, assuming they are selling AT ALL.

Why buy bars though with the daily 5 oz you are gettin at face value! You can't beat that!

Hope it keeps up for you.

~Dave
 
4 boxes tonight all skunks- that sucked but part of "the game". Hope I get a few good ones out of the 8 I get tomarrow. Yea I been having too much fun on apmex.com- a few more nights like tonight and I may have alot more fun. My Engelhard gold Prospector ships Monday, 20 silber Philharmonics ship Wed, and tonight I couldn't resist ordering (2) 10oz. Engelhard bars. HH all, Mark
 
right on me co,,,,,,, gitter did dude. thanks again for turning me on to this site via gim. Great hobby.
 
BBcardsRI said:
You picked the right time to jump on your 1k goal but sadly it seems like you ran into the same roadblock that 99% of us have with premiums, assuming they are selling AT ALL.

Why buy bars though with the daily 5 oz you are gettin at face value! You can't beat that!

Hope it keeps up for you.

~Dave
BB, just to clarify, the 1Koz goal is for found at FV silver- most of which were 40%ers and sold.
Well picked up my 8 boxes today and checked all the ends as always- 2 boxes have one silver apiece showing. I have high hopes for this one. HH all, Mark
DSCN1572.jpg
 
Ohhh walker showing! Hope you get a bunch more inside!

Let us know how you make out!

~Dave
 
5 of the 8 boxes done- 10 40%ers and the one Walker. Got one '69 showing in the remaining 3 boxes- do them tonight. HH Mark
 
Finished the last 3 boxes, got another Walker, one '64, and 9 more 40%ers. So total for 8 boxes was 2 Walkers, one '64, and 19 40%ers. 4 more ounces towards the goal. Hope tomarrows 4 boxes are better.
HH all, Mark
 
I hope they are better for you as well, but I would have loved to get that much silver out of that many boxes with the way my boxes were going. Even if you keep that average up, you are still doing pretty darn good!

~Dave
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom