What's new

Back to the Football Field - Bicentennial Ike and Some Silver Bling

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2014
Messages
12,099
Reaction score
18,282
Golden Thread
1
Location
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The day started out cold, :BangHead: so I hung around until it hit 33 degrees and left for the football field a town over. By the time I got there the temp. rose to 40 degrees. :icon_thumright: I geared up and went back to continue my grid. I swing the coil over another 20 yards from sideline to sideline. The 1st good target was the religious medallion :thumbsup: and a few feet away out popped the silver ring. :thumbsup: Later on I heard another screamer. This time it wasn't silver, but a Bicentennial Ike. :thumbsup: It's the 2nd Ike I pulled from this site. I believe ATW was onto something when he hypothesized that these dollar coins were likely used by a member the officiating staff. A couple grids later and out came the sweet silver necklace. :headbang:

Today's Keepers

20161225_172709.webp

All Finds (less trash)

20161225_172307.webp

I hope Santa was good to ya'll and your time was spent with friends and family.
 
Upvote 40
You are killing that football field, congratulations! :occasion14:

A Morgan and an Ike...absolutely killer! :notworthy:
 
Looks like you took a page from my book today. Also looks like you unwrapped a few presents too.

Merry Christmas.
 
Congrats on a great hunt Loco! Since I've been detecting, the last couple of years, my backup, go-to spot is the huge soccer complex 5 minutes from my house. I've pulled 3 clad halves and one silver dollar sized medallion resembling a soccer ball that that the refs used for "heads or tails"...it's supposed to be 60 degrees here 2moro, and I have the day off...rain!?..pssshh, bring it on, I'm hunting! I hope to do half as well as you did today Loco....ddf
 
Nice Christmas hunt, Loco-Digger!! I figured you'd be all over that field again today............:icon_thumleft:
Amazing that the necklace, which is gorgeous, is intact!! After digging all those targets, did you have time for an indoor Christmas?? :laughing7:
 
Super finds , digging that necklace
 
You killed it again, Loco. Congrats.
 
An Ike is on top of my list....so big, so ugly,......so hard to find!
 
Looks like you had a killer hunt. No shortage of sweet finds, Congrats!!
I've only ever found one Ike dollar and it was found on a football field.
 
You really did some damage there! Nice work..

strick
 
Wow nice digs, even with frost....
 
NICE hunt LD! Hope you had a great Xmas

HH RN
 
Haaaaaaa, nice, you got a good field there buddy, Your going to find more gold and silver there! Diamonds are next.
 
Love that necklace, congrats on a great hunt

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom